My Starcraft

SHSU

Lieutenant Junior+Starmada Splash Of The Year 2019
My transom board wasn't complete enough to use as a template. I tried to get the angles right, and bottom width best I could. Made the cuts and did a dry fit. Perfect fit! Easier going in then coming out.. a little tight.. Needs a little sanding here and there. I marked the top for the final cut.

How you going to seal before final install?

SHSU

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Just remember the ends of the transom that go under the end caps has to have a 15 degree angle cut at the top.

Alecapone

Seaman Apprentice
I made the pilgrimage! Currently sitting in jay-cee, aka rivetsinstock, aka rivets online, waiting for them to count out my order.

Tip. Call rivets in stock to order. Rivetsonline is almost 50% more. 15$ for 100 solids online, 7.50 in person or on the phone. My 300$ tab was slashed down to $150.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I made the pilgrimage! Currently sitting in jay-cee, aka rivetsinstock, aka rivets online, waiting for them to count out my order.

Tip. Call rivets in stock to order. Rivetsonline is almost 50% more. 15$ for 100 solids online, 7.50 in person or on the phone. My 300$ tab was slashed down to $150.
That's an odd business model, tying up expensive employees dealing with normally rivet ignorant swaths of humanity rather than pushing out warehouse orders. :unsure:

Alecapone

Seaman Apprentice
That's an odd business model, tying up expensive employees dealing with normally rivet ignorant swaths of humanity rather than pushing out warehouse orders. :unsure:
They had at least a half dozen salesmen busy at their desks. He said 90% of their sales are to manufacturers and reoccurring orders. The internet sales don't even come close.

Fortunately I had a list I made from your rivet thread, so I didn't seem too ignorant. They seemed genuinely interested in the boat project, and how many simular orders they put together. Now they have an idea when they are putting something out for an aluminum boat guy.

Not much work done lately, but I'm about to get back on it! I'm back home, and I got enough to keep me busy for a while. I'm going to try wet blasting with glass beads.

I got another attachment for the pressure washer. It sucks media through a hose and mixes in the water at the tip. I tested it on some rusty steel using play sand. Works great, but regular sand is too coarse. It was recommended glass beads, or fine glass, depending if you are painting of polishing.

I did find another nice old boat, but its 2,000 miles away. A 1960's alumacraft. I think 14' model A. Its my father in laws, but he said I could have it. Needs a little work. hasn't seen water in 20+ years. Pretty cool looking stout little boat. Ill probably fix it up next time I go, and leave it there.