FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Leave it up to the purchaser. Heat? melt it out. Saw the individual coins into small squares , set on edge and a sharp wood chisel centered on the coin, hit with just enough force to crack the plastic.
As a silver collector that's an interesting creation, something you made yourself or purchased? I imagine the value has only increased over the years, unlike the regular one's which decrease.
I actually bought a storage unit for 100 dollars. This was in in a box and was never opened. 90% now is paying 17 face. $18.75 x17. I more than got my moneys worth. Figured Ebay may be my best option. All coins are proofs and dated 1963. More I think on it I probably wont cut into it. Its one of a kind. hmmm wonder how many musky lures I can buy.
How do you know what the actual material encased in the acrylic is?
Tons of those type of items faked in Asia....nobody s going to buy it for anything but the silver value....and that would require the pieces to be testable. i.e removed from the coating.
Best to enjoy the items as they are....you might be in for a let-down.
Actually sold the throne for $350.00. Profit on my part $150. One mans junk is another mans treasure. I deal in precious metals and these coins were real. A person with the knowledge can spot a fake with a mag.