My Rig (Pic Test)

Ranger354

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: My Rig (Pic Test)

We started bass fishing from my fathers 18' fiberglass (heavy heavy) canoe when we were kids. It was a back breaker to load on top of the truck. My first boat was a 12 foot jon with a 9.9 evin on the back. My brother and I shared it. My father and fishing partner passed away in 94 and I could not bring myself to use his bass boat so my mom sold it. Living close to the bay I purchased a used tunnel hull a few years back and rigged it were I could bass fish or bay fish. Then I found this used Ranger. I sold the bay boat and My wife allowed me to buy the Ranger. It is the boat my dad always wanted. And it truly is the cats meow! Don't get me wrong though, I caught more fish and hunted more ducks out of that 12' jon then any other boat we owned.<br /><br />Oh, sorry the picture is sooooo big.<br /><br /><br />Come on in, the waters warm!!!!!

Shangster

Cadet

How do you post a photo? Sometimes a picture is worth a 1,000 words!<br /><br />Great photo by the way!

Ranger354

Petty Officer 1st Class

Follow the directions above. I had a pictre on one of those free Webshot internet places. <br />1 Clicked on myphoto and enlarged it.<br />2 Right clicked and opened up properties at the bottom of the window.<br />3 This will show you the image path. (Http:whatever)<br />4 Copy that by highlighting it and hitting CTL+C.<br />5 Go to your add reply area and paste it by hitting CTL+V.<br />6 Then add the [img stuff like mentioned above.<br /><br />It took me a couple of tries, but I got it.

evin300

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well...Looks like this is the post your boat pic thread, so I will put Miss America in here. <br />The person in the boat is my brother.<br /><br />
SideViewSmallerVersion.jpg
<br /><br />
LaveyandMe.jpg

Mary B

Cadet

My Hurricane deckboat... 1993 Sundeck 176 with a 90 merc<br />
ACF3AF.jpg

jdenton

Seaman Apprentice

Whoops!!! My third attempt at posting pictures. Their probably going to lock me off this site if I don't do any better. Here goes again?<br /><br />
BOAT3.jpg
<br />
BOAT1.jpg
<br />
BASS5.jpg
<br />Bought this 94 481VS in the spring to muskie fish on Cave Run mostly.<br />Those are Dec. 1 2001 fish from North Central KY. I'm on the left. My buddy on the right, this was is largest ever largemouth (24-1/4").

jdenton

Seaman Apprentice

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong????<br />Thanks,

Ranger354

Petty Officer 1st Class

who am i to say. i thinkmy key board is messed up. only takig a few keys. or maybe i just neeed to go fisin.

evin300

Petty Officer 1st Class

LOL! Ranger! The title of this thread is really accurate! Keep on trying jdent, youll figure it out, this stuff isnt easy at first, read message from 12Footer above.

jdenton

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the help. I finally got it to work.

bruoff

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey jdenton, know a guy named Eddie jackson up there in Flemingsburg? I know it ain't too big "a" place. Tell him Bob from Paducah says Hi, and the fish are always biting in<br />Sunny Florida. NICE FISH :D :D

jdenton

Seaman Apprentice

Hey Tarpon Bob,<br />Know Eddie very well, I graduated with his son, Greg. I will tell him. I envy your year round warmth, we have had mild weather so far this year, but winter is fixin to set in.

Ranger354

Petty Officer 1st Class

Joe,<br /><br />Nice Ranger!!!!!!<br /><br />How does that Merc push it? My speed boat buddy would love the merc and the built in set back on the transom. Nice fish too.<br /><br />Weather man says it will be in the 40's here Sunday morning. Nothing like winter in South Texas. I will be catching big bass on Falcon lake in Feb.

jdenton

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks Ranger354,<br />I bought the boat this spring, It had about 50 hrs on her (like new). It has a '94 150 XRi with 5 blade hi-five prop, it will run 65mph. The set back is a great design. It will plane out almost instantly at 3/4 throttle, loaded and 2 men on board. Considering it came off of dealers lot with this set up, I am really happy with set up and handling of this boat. I have been fishing out of friends boats for years, but this my first big bass boat. So far I am pleased with her.

Ranger354

Petty Officer 1st Class

Joe,<br /><br />Sounds great! Mine blast up on plain also. I went over the deep end and bought some Ranger PFDs to match. The wife even bought me a Ranger hat. Mine is a used one that I purchased last January, but she is new to me and in great shape. The boat that I always wanted.

jdenton

Seaman Apprentice

I know what you mean Ranger354. I got lucky and found a factory Ranger cover for mine at about half of Ranger's cost. Their covers are really nice. I also ordered a windshield from Ranger. I am going to convert the front, center dry storage area into a livewell this winter. This way I can fish some muskie tournaments next year. The factory live wells won't handle these fish.<br />My cousin just bought a Triton 189DC that comes from factory with 48" long livewell. He has already put a 4 Stroke 9.9 Merc on it for trolling. It is a really sweet muskie rig.

Ranger354

Petty Officer 1st Class

Joe,<br /><br />When I sold my bay boat I kept the fitted cover. It fit like a glove. Mine stays is a barn when not on the water. <br /><br />Since deer season started she has been collecting dust. I need to get her out on the water so she can stretch her legs.