My next truck????

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6026041/ <br /><br /><br />In an effort to make the highways safe for all motorists I think someone should buy this for me so I can maintain maximum control while trailering. At 100K a pop for the rig, I might be able to afford the diesel at 7mpg. - maybe. :)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: My next truck????

Originally posted by POINTER94:<br /> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6026041/ <br /><br /><br />In an effort to make the highways safe for all motorists I think someone should buy this for me so I can maintain maximum control while trailering. At 100K a pop for the rig, I might be able to afford the diesel at 7mpg. - maybe. :)
Ya beat me to it Pointer! I think it'd look good in your driveway.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Hmmm...wonder if a towing package is available for that. It's kinda cute.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

How do you get on the focus group that test drives this? <br />I could definitely have a little fun in this!!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

I'm thinking if a neighbor of mine sees this thing he'll have one in the driveway ASAP .. guys a nut ... works in an office buiding all black-top and concrete kinda guy but he drives a '04 F-350 Lariat crew cab 4x4 Dually long box ... guy loves big trucks and has absolutely no use for 'em. ... wife has a damn H2 Hummer that she totes the kids around in.<br /><br />very cool indeed but i'm thinkin' towing 20 tons for the average guy is a bit much ... lol

NOSLEEP

Commander

LOL looks like it can handle those heavy quads ok.

NathanY

Commander

It comes with all-wheel drive, air brakes , a 70-gallon fuel tank and a bed that tilts back like a dump truck.<br />
Swim said the company isn't marketing the CXT as a consumer vehicle, although he added that drivers don't need a commercial license to get behind the wheel.<br /><br />
Wrong!!! If the GVWR is over 26,000 and it has Air Brakes, Federal DOT Standards say that you have to have a CDL.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I showed that thing to the better half, and after she got done laughing, she asked who on earth would buy such a thing. I told her work crews, big construction companies, logging outfits, and that one dumb arse who will be dropping the kids off at school in one. I told her that I predict within a year that someone in our town will be driving that thing as a daily driver.<br /><br />Still kinda cool though...

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'm just trying to picture the size of trailer boat that would look right behind that thing....<br /><br />Watch out at the boat ramp.... 62's comin' throooogh!!! :eek:

Link

Rear Admiral

A friend sent me a artical on that yesterday.<br />He did a cut & paste from a PDF and the small print was hard to read so ask him if it was a International. Here was his answer:<br />---------------------------------<br />Yeppers, that pickup makes a statement and a half! <br /> <br />And yep, it's an International and the base price is $95k and $150k with all the bells and whistles. As the article I saw said, "It makes the Hummer look like a Tonka Toy."<br /> <br />All those dudes driving around in their "big" Dodge Cummins and Ford Power Stroke diesel pickups will feel inadequate next to the CXT, LOL.<br /><br />----------------------------<br />I can see a few Hummers being traded in :D

aspeck

Staff member

Better half brought me the USA Today last week while on vacation that had this beast in it. Asked if we were going to get one. 6 ton towing capacity, it would certainly handle my 15 foot bass boat! In USA it quoted one dealer that is already using one as their service truck and will be ordering 5 more - will paint them camo for the local hunting camps. Expects them to go quickly.