My New Mio Gps

tommays

Admiral
c310x.jpg

I have been looking for a car GPS that did not break the bank :)

I was looking around and it was on sale today for 200 dollars 8)

Took it out of the box in the store parkng lot punched in my house and it took me home in about 3 min of setup :)

Then for a real test i had to go from Commack 11725 to Staten Island 10303

There are about 50 ways to get there a BUNCH of Bridges ect i let it do its thing then was able to view the route and delete the roads i do not like to use on that trip

It made a perfect route in about 20 seconds and it was so good with the voice turns it new when i got off the road to buy a soda and got me back on in Brooklyn

i will have to see how well it holds up the long term BUt so far so good

Tommays

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: My New Mio Gps

Commack! I used to live in Hauppauge. Nice unit. My friend has one and we used it a few weeks ago. Works nice and re-routes real easy.

Good luck with it.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Two hundred bux!!

What a deal. . .if it continues to work that well.

However, I bought a Chinese car navigator that worked wonderfully. . .for about a week. The replacement worked for 5 days and the replacement for that one worked for 3 days. They cheerfully refunded my money, which I added to and bought a Garmin. That one has been flawless for three years and counting.

I hope you have better luck than I did, Tom.

tommays

Admiral

There all Chinese now :) and i found the car units from everybody were shoddy compared to there marine units

Mio is a big company in the world wide GPS market and just getting going here

It was a 400 dollar unit a few months ago BUT there is a BIG price war going on right now pretty much everything has dropped 100 to 200 dollars :)

Tommays