My New Aerocraft !!! Well, new to me anyway

Roadking57

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I Just bought a 14ft aerocraft Aug 5,2021 !! The P.O. says its a 1956. After much research I think its a 1962 TL-15. It has the lapstrake sides and faded nonskid blue on the inside floor. Max hp rating says 40. My Queen almost didn't let me buy it because of the spray can paint job that is on her. I told her I'd paint it white with pink stripes she turned to me looked me straight in the eye and said only if you paint it camo !!!
I'll post a picture after I get home. Was wondering if there is any source of the emblems that were riveted to the aft sides? Mine are missing but the pop rivets are still there.

Roadking57

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Here she is!! The day I brought her to her new home!!
See why my Queen has requested new paint :)

Attachments

• 14ft Aerocraft.JPG
    14ft Aerocraft.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 1

Roadking57

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No comments? No Eeewwws even? She's going to get stripped down and a nice green camo paint job. Not a duck boat reeds but a hunting pattern maybe with leaves on a olive drab base.

Roadking57

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Okay! Got the paint, reducer, hardener, thinners, stripper, mix ratio buckets, and other stuff my paint bud told me to get. Today is the stripper day! Tomorrow is paint day! Oddly, I found great quality paint at Summit racing of all places. Decided on flat olive drab for a base coat on outer side, and flat Tan for the inside for cooler touching/sitting. Havent decided if leaving green alone or doing a stencil camo yet. depends on how it comes out. Before and after picture forthcoming !!

Roadking57

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Before...............

Attachments

• CNFI6275[1].JPG
    CNFI6275[1].JPG
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • BTJA5017[1].JPG
    BTJA5017[1].JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3806[1].JPG
    IMG_3806[1].JPG