SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant
Re: My Mckee Restoration Website

Really nice job deviljohn!

What motor is going on the back?

deviljohn

Seaman Apprentice
Re: My Mckee Restoration Website

I have a 1995 Johnson Ocean Pro 150 HP carbed 2 stroke on the back of the boat now....I got a pretty decent deal on the motor ($2500) which has rebuilt powerhead (by a backyard OMC pro). It sounds mean....kinda like a 442 Cutlass muscle car. Motor came off a bass boat in S. GA and hasn't seen salt, clean and nice..

It may be too much HP, but then again....maybe not...we have pretty extreme tidal flow in the inlets here in SC and the xtra juice may save my butt one day...I have seen the same hull w/ 175's around here (which btw exceeds the max rated HP of 160)

I have yet to river test the boat, but that should be in a few days as all I have left to do is connect and bleed the hydraulic steering lines. I do have a trailer issue, the tongue weight is too light, so I plan on moving the transom a little closer to the trailer axle and adjust the bunks accordingly...I'll be posting soon to my website. Hot weather has descended here and the progress has slowed to some extent..more to follow soon.