My Grandfathers Ranger

catfisher1

Cadet
This is a long shot but I figured I would try anyway. I decided to search for one of my Grandfathers Rangers. Either of them would be great. It is the needle in the haystack. I don't know the year or model of either one of them. He passed away years ago and I probably should have started this years ago. I would like to restore one of them or see if they are even still in service. I had a great childhood on these boats but lost contact during a nasty custody battle. I recently had a dream about being out on one of his boats and fishing. I remember falling off a couple times which proves why he always made me wear my life jacket. I know its a long shot but worth the trouble. I am currently trying to find out more information. He was from Macon Georgia. I am trying to find out what the best way to track stuff down. Please let me know any information on tracking stuff down like this. I know all the other info about him. The boat info is what I am lacking. I am just not sure where to start. Thanks ahead of time.:confused::D

RNGRGAL

Recruit
Re: My Grandfathers Ranger

Without a hull number it would be impossible to track either one of them down, and to make matters even harder, you don't have a clue what model it was either. There is no way to track it, unfortunately...... None.

catfisher1

Cadet
Actually, all the owners have to do is check dnr for the previous owners. It will take a few minutes on the phone with dnr. The boat was taken by bank in a foreclosure. And I am guessing sold by the bank. thanks