My coworker is a murderer, NOT A JOKE

ob

Admiral
Re: My coworker is a murderer, NOT A JOKE

Now that was just dangright tacky Carphunter.But I liked it. :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br /> Thats wierd Tylerin, I thought your motto was, "A Gerbil in hand, is not nearly as good as two in the pipe". :p
This from a man that has a hamster farm :p

Carphunter

Commander

Hamster farm? How 'bout the pictures of the hamsters you posted on the "My reasons for Hunting" thread............................Oh sorry, I looked a little closer and noticed they were DEER. ;) <br /><br />Those can't be whitetails. :D <br /><br />Man, GG, you ain't gonna shoot those monsters like 'ol Carpy shoots, if ya keep shootin the yearlings. :p

Kenneth Brown

Captain

He was on Death Row in TX, but he has since gotten off due to lethal injection.<br />
That has got to be the best oneliner I have ever heard in my life. Man I'm institutionalized, I gotta find me another job.

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

Tylerin, <br />
I don't think wanting to win and killing have anything to so with one another. I'm from a big sports family and my kid are athletes as well.I teach my kids to strive for victory and accept defeat. My motto is show me a good loser I'll show you a loser. And I've never thought about killing ANYONE.
If you teach your kids to "strive for victory and accept defeat", I take it then that you have a code of ethics which serves you well. Play your guts out, doing your very best to win. And when it isn't quite enough because your opponent was just a little better that day, you still can hold your head up and be proud of your effort- and be twice as determined to do better next time. This is good. It is NOT "at all costs" (as Dogsdad was saying). You maintain your dignity and ethics, unlike those who say "screw the rules I must win even if I have to cheat to do it". Competitiveness is a wonderful thing- so long as you don't sell your soul for it. Wasn't that DD's point?<br /><br />JB, you sure have a way of saying a lot with so few words. That was great.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Spot on BP, my 3 girls all played sports and they were taught to do their best and they would have nothing to be ashamed of, and that is how they played.<br /><br />Some good and some better is the way I looked at it and still tell my grandkids that right today.<br /><br />Man, I've seen coaches and even parents that will get plum bent out of shape if they don't win.<br /><br />Come on, some of these kids are 8 and 9 years old.<br />They are just having a good time, but nooooooooooooo, not the coaches and parents, you would think it was the world series or the superbowl or something.

Drowned Rat

Captain

Sorry to hear about that KB. These matters are especially disturbing when they hit so close to home.<br /><br />I used to work closely with the Sheriff's Office in Oglethorpe Co. GA. One of the deputies was the nicest young woman you ever met. She had been on the job for a few years and I had worked many accident scenes when she was there. None of us would have guessed that she would shoot her boyfriend in the head, cut up his body, seal him in a horse trough buried in concrete, and bury the whole mess in a farmer's field.<br /><br />I guess it's hard to imagine that you know anybody that's capable of killing someone. Or at least you think you know who would be the one to do it. But it's usually a surprise.