FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi everyone:
My boat flipped, I drian out water from CARB, Cylinder. I put a new fully charged new battery, but the motor won't start. I can hear one click when I turn the key on. Can someone help me? Thanks a lot.
Hi, I did not make it working, the starter doesn't spin. I only can hear the relay click. I measure voltage at the starter terminal to battery ground, it's "0". I attach the picture with the key is "on". Is the relay defective? Thanks a lot.
Can you resize that pic and make it much smaller. Does not need to be more then 5 inches wide. Disconnect the wire to the battery and to the starter. See my pic attached I used a battery charger set to 10 amps to do this. Put multi meter to Ohms and with battery charger off you should read infinate or no ohms between the two big leads on the solinoid. With battery charger on you should see close to zero ohms. If your starter is shorted out it will read zero volts when you try and start it cause it is sucking all the voltage to ground.
I make it working again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Solenoid is rusted. Replace with a new one, everything is fine. Thanks for your help, this is really helpful web.