My Aircrfaft remover experience..

floatingwoody2006

Chief Petty Officer
Wanted to get rid of 50 plus years of paint on my Arkansas traveller, so..Off to buy aircraft remover i go. I didn't take pictures of the entire process, but it was not fun at all. I started with this..5 coats of paint starting from 1957 until recently..

Then quickly last year gave it a coat myself so as to not be laughed off the lake..Looked like this..

took 3 quarts of the aircraft remover, and 2 days of pressure washing and wire brushing. Then still needed some more remover so i went to home depot and got something off the shelf there for 22 bucks and change, and honestly, it worked better then the aircraft stuff. Finally got it to this stage

Still have quite a bit of polishing and a little wire brushing to do, but in the end, i think it looks better. I would not do this again..oh..and while im posting..Any suggestions on what i can do to set this old girl up inside for fishing? Heres a poor pic of it now..the wood box has my downrigger base on it.

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: My Aircrfaft remover experience..

Hehehe....not for me...it's off to the local soda blasting shop. Think they charged my buddy about $250 for his little tinny..polish and metal clearcoat later..she's super shiny and new.

You my friend have far more ambition then I'll ever have. :D

Ian

mogfisher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: My Aircrfaft remover experience..

That looks much better! Nice little boat. For some good suggestions on fishing setups, I'd go over to Tinboats.net. Those guys do some nice stuff to tin boats. From complete decking setups to real basic stuff. They know a lot about these boats. I go there for advice for my G3 Jon boat. Good luck on the lake!