My '88 Bayliner Cuddy Resto

bshattuck87

Cadet
Well I basically bought this boat last summer and it runs like a champ and looks pretty decent, but I can't well enough alone. I'm getting married this Sept so I can't be blowing huge amounts of money on it, but I am going to have the floor replaced and the new seating arrangements done.

I had small rotten spot over the gas tank where you could hear the gas tank 'pop' every time you stepped on it. So I peeled the carpet back and sure enough it was rotten. I was just going to replace that rotten section, but with BillStodut's thread, I just drooled for days. I plan on doing something along those lines. However, mine will never be as nice as his!

The seats were defiantly not made to be taken out! It was a PITA. But it wasn't that bad once I started digging into it. Progress should be made every Sunday bits at a time.

198569_1620693233512_1121850057_31369931_1316080_n.jpg

P3060829.jpg

P3060828.jpg

P3060827.jpg

Update as of 04.09.11

Not much of an update, but I was finally able to get some fiberglass ( A LOT of it ) and some epoxy resin. Woo! Score for me, thank goodness my dad enjoy's looking out for me! Anywho, I've got a bunch of woven fiberglass that I should be able to make the floor much stronger than bayliner ever thought of. haha I'm actually going to have the chance to work on it tomorrow (weather permitting). So check back later for some pictures and an update.

3f38d310.jpg

Brenton

bshattuck87

Cadet
Re: My '88 Bayliner Cuddy Resto

Update as of 04.10.11

So I decided to trim a little bit more out of the floor more towards the back and accidently cut into the actual hull on the bottom left side. haha So I was able to use all the fiberglass goodness to get get it fixed. So after 3 layers of mat and 1 layer of woven, it was fixed. So I'm letting that cure for a for a few days.

I also went to West Marine and they had their polyester resin on sale for $33 a gallon! So, I bought a gallon for now with intentions of doing the floor and coating all the wood with the polyester and doing all the parts where the new seats will come in contact with the hull with the epoxy.

I did however sand the outdrive, primed it, and painted it a satin black (2 coats). I'm waiting for the last coat to dry to clear it. I did it all with Rustoleum paint. I must say, that it sure looks A LOT better than it did.

Since it's now in the high 80's all day, I'll be able to mess with it after work in a few days and since it doesn't get dark until 7:30. Woo!

Here are some before and after pictures of the outdrive...

Before:

P4050896.jpg

P4050897.jpg

After :

P4100903.jpg

P4100904.jpg

P4100905-1.jpg

Brenton

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: My '88 Bayliner Cuddy Resto

I kind of hate to ask but have you checked the stringers and transom?

Now would be a great time.

Amazing what a little paint will do.
Looks good.