Mrs SoulWinners Christmas Present

SoulWinner

Commander
Well, she knows about it, so I'll tell you guys too. Ever since she fired a buddies Ruger Black Hawk .357 about 12 years ago she has wanted one. Well, now she has one. It is blued, with a 61/2" barrel, single action, and she loves it. Picked it out and bought it yesterday, and since I have a CCP, we walked out with it. Pretty COOL! Headed to a clay pit and she burned through a box of .38 and some .357 rounds. To top it off, I ordered her a western style belt and holster from Cabelas. <br /><br />So here is the question: Our 17th anniversary is on Dec 8, should I buy her .38 or .357 ammo for the anniversary?

NathanY

Commander
Re: Mrs SoulWinners Christmas Present

Why not both? They are both cheap enough.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Buy her a reloader and all the stuff that goes with it... :D

SoulWinner

Commander

Chief, you're on to something there!! Nate, I LOVE your avatar!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

lol.Yeah, that's a slick avitar,Chief, and the sugjestion I was going to make."spensive start-up,but pays-off every weekend for sure!<br /><br />Yers is good too, Soulwinner. I can almost hear the riff! lol.<br />I now have a question...Does not .38 damage the .357 bore?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

12, the calibre titles are misleading. A .38 special bullet is exactly the same diameter (.357) as a .357 magnum. In reloading, there is no distiction between which bullets you use for which.<br /><br />The only differences are in the case length and powder charge. You can chamber a .38sp in a gun made for a .357M but not the other way around. The chamber for a .38 sp only, has a step in it so as to prevent the seating of the longer .357M cartridge.

aspeck

Staff member

Cool gift, Soulwinner. Get her the reloading equip for your anniversary.<br /><br />Wifey got me a new TV since the old one died. If it had lasted another couple of weeks I would have had a new .257 Roberts! Dang TV!

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

thanks 12f, you would understand the avatar better if you saw me working the computer. Like al says, .357mag and .38spec. use the same diameter projectile. Length of cartridge is the main diference that keeps .357's from firing in a revolver chambered for .38. :)

rudeafrican

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey SW, where is Mrs SW? Haven't seen her around lately.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by rudeafrican:<br /> Hey SW, where is Mrs SW? Haven't seen her around lately.
Out "plinkin" pie pans, no doubt.

SoulWinner

Commander

Mrs Soulwinner has been busy with school work. She is taking some classes (computer repair, web design, and seminary) but she is still here.<br /><br /><br />Here is a stupid question, is there a difference between .38 and .38 special?

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey guys. I'm still around. I get on occasionally real early in the morning or real late at night to see what kind of trouble you guys have gotten into or see who's stirrin' the pot. :D <br /><br />As SW says, I am taking some classes to get my certification to be a computer tech and web designer and of course, if some have not figured, there is my bible study. I am a behind the scene minister; meaning I don't actually have a church, but I am a minister and have a small flock I care for when called upon. Therefore, the daily study has become a way of life for me. Kind of like a job, except this job I actually really love!! ;) <br /><br />Okay, now the Christmas present. OMG is she sweet!! can you picture this: I'm 5'2" on a good day, 100 lbs wet and this .357 is as long as my thigh!! and SW buys a Revolver Holster that is awesome!! So now, the complete picture: My cowboy hat, T-shirt and Levis jeans, my cowboy boots and a .357 hangin' from my hip!! Is anyone scared?? <br /><br />I love to shoot, so ammo is going to be an issue. So any advice you guys can give would be great. I will post a pic if you guys want to see it

NYMINUTE

Captain

What ever happened to a household appliance for Xmas or a new sink, pair of sox, maybe a cook book? Oh yeah. Liberation, Drat Gloria Steinham. :rolleyes:

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

you'll have to remember NYMINUTE, it's been about 12 years since I fell in love with this gun. What do you think I've been gettin for the last 12?? wink wink :D <br /><br />Oh yea, I'm the worst cook you could ever imagine. SW does the cooking, thank G-d!! ;)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Mrs Soulwinner:<br /> you'll have to remember NYMINUTE, it's been about 12 years since I fell in love with this gun. What do you think I've been gettin for the last 12?? wink wink :D <br /><br />Oh yea, I'm the worst cook you could ever imagine. SW does the cooking, thank G-d!! ;)
My wife is love the Fiesta Vee 410, Only I am short $199,000.00 of fulfilling her love. I'd settle for the 340. :)

spratt

Lieutenant

Yeah!!! What OMC said...show us!!! In the outfit...We wanna see a REAL Florida cowgirl... :)