Moving Roller assembly on pivot arm

Bigpat5123

Cadet
All,

My dad bought a used trailer for a boat we just bought. The trailer is a fully adjustable karavan roller trialer. We adjusted it just about perfect except for one thing, the rear most roller is just barely touching the transom. For example if the bow stop was moved forward an inch the rear rollers would be come up the transom because the boat would be too short. The bow stop/winch post is as far back as possible so that is not an option to move the boat back an inch.

Can I move the rear set of rollers forward and inch? It does not seem like this would negatively effect anything. The roller assembly bolts to the pivot arm so my thought was to use the forward hole that the assembly is mounted to now and drill a new hole that would mount the rollers about an inch and a half forward which would be perfect.

I attached a picture for reference. The Blue line would be where the roller assembly would be after I drill the Red hole and remount the assembly. Any thoughts?

wobble roller.jpg

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Re: Moving Roller assembly on pivot arm

Instead of what you're suggesting why not move the hole were the piviot bolt goes through the bunk.

The roller trucks on my Spartan trailer have 3 holes which allow me to move the whole truck forward or back. The only drawback to this is that the truck will not tilt down as far if it is moved forward. Are there different sets of holes in the bracket that the truck bolts to?