motormeter tach

just_james

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 9, 2016
Messages
57
Does anyone know what setting should be used for 2 stroke outboard. I've tried different settings but it's not working out right.
 

just_james

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 9, 2016
Messages
57
It's a tach. After looking at the title I see auto correct messed it up. Here's a pic of it.
 

Attachments

  • 15018798285431097488378.jpg
    15018798285431097488378.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 0

Alumarine

Captain
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
3,763
Not sure about that make or model but some of these "tiny tach" types are 2 or 4 stroke specific.
Do you get a reading at all?

I see their web site is less than helpful although I didn't log in.
 

just_james

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 9, 2016
Messages
57
Marc, It's reading but it not right. Their website doesn't improve when you login.
 

Alumarine

Captain
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
3,763
Maybe it's for a 4 stroke.
Can you connect it to a 4 stroke and see if it's accurate then.

I take it you're wrapping the wire 4 to 6 times around the plug wire?

Other than holding the menu button down for a few seconds I can't think of what else to do.
 
Top