Motorguide trolling motor repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chadomosis

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I need a new top and bottom cover for an older tracker 40 trolling motor and can't seem to find one anywhere. Any chance something newer could be modified to fit? Forgive me if this is in the wrong spot.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I need a new top and bottom cover for an older tracker 40 trolling motor and can't seem to find one anywhere. Any chance something newer could be modified to fit? Forgive me if this is in the wrong spot.

This probably should go into the trolling motor section.

However, Do you know what model and year the trolling motor is? Because there are still parts available for a lot of them. It really depends on the model and year.

Chadomosis

Petty Officer 3rd Class
That's the thing. I can't find a serial number anywhere and the drawings on the mercury website are horrible. It's a tracker 40, I know that much and looks like it says "pro series" on the motor. The ones that I did see on there that had a higher probability of working showed that those parts are obsolete. I'm wondering if I can get a newer one and make it work.

Chadomosis

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I re-posted in the proper spot... I guess it helps to pay attention.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Closed

Chad, if you start a topic and decide it should be in another forum/sub-forum, PM any Mod and ask them to move it. No need to start a new topic.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.