motor mount hinge, locks but doesn't release

Dan Beisel

Petty Officer 3rd Class
1970 Johnson 115<br />------------------------------------------<br />I am talking manual tilt here. The motor will tilt and lock/unlock in the "trailering" (is this called reverse lockout?) position. It will also lock down on the pin from the trailering position. But the only way to unlock it from the pin is to take up the motor's weight by hand, push the spring and slide the pin out.<br /><br />My back aches and my fingers fear for their lives when I do this :mad: How is it supposed to work and what parts are missing from the equation?<br /><br />Thanks in advance,<br />Dan

dolluper

Captain
Re: motor mount hinge, locks but doesn't release

Have you got it gear or neutral this could be your prob and lots of oil can't hurt anything

Dan Beisel

Petty Officer 3rd Class

It's in neutral and the motor is not running. I'm looking for some sort of release lever but it's either broken or missing.

dolluper

Captain

ON The right side if looking from boat there is a lever that you push down to lock in drive then pull up to release in neutral it is spring loaded.Thats the port side try find that if not thats your problem