Motor Info/ Force 5hp year/manual?

jeffsfirearms

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 27, 2006
Messages
2
I have a Force by Mercury 5hp outboard that I can't find any information on. The serial number is 0E074864. If anyone knows where I can obtain a manual or at least find out what year the thing is I would greatly appreciate it. It came on a 10ft Sportsman Runabout I purchased.<br /><br />Thanks.
 

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Apr 26, 2002
Messages
19,069
Re: Motor Info/ Force 5hp year/manual?

My info only covers 88/89 88 is aparently the first year for the 5.My manual uses model numbers to define year.You can probably find an aftermarket manual right here in iboats.<br /> Motor uses L86 champion plug set at.030,points set at .020.50:1 fuel mix.
 

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Oct 30, 2002
Messages
21,961
Re: Motor Info/ Force 5hp year/manual?

From 1988-1995 the old model number id, and the new serial number id systems over lapped.<br />Pretty hard to determine the year without examining the motor and comparing the ignition system, starter rewind assembly, and carb, to the manual.<br /><br />I can tell you that the model number for your motor is H005201PM.<br />I got this from the Mercury parts express website, by typing in your serial number.<br /><br />Looking for a repair manual, get the Force Repair manual by Clymer.
 

jeffsfirearms

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 27, 2006
Messages
2
Re: Motor Info/ Force 5hp year/manual?

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it. I was a little concerned not knowing much about it but was told by a friend I would not be able to find anyone to work on it in this area. I will be purchasing that manual. The guy I bought it from said he got it new, started it once and has been setting ever since. There is no dirt or grime on this thing at all.
 
Top