Motor Guide Bow Mount

twag

Cadet
My Motor Guide 46lb thrust rattles way to much for my liking when powering on and off...so much so it may be spooking fish...any suggestions?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: Motor Guide Bow Mount

Same question. also motorguide. only thing that helps at all is setting the speed at #1 or #2. <br /><br />Have you tried anything yet that didn't work?<br /><br />I've tightened the screws holding it to the deck, helped a tiny bit. Also tried clamping it in a little shallower - didn't help at all.<br /><br />I'm thinking it's got something to do with where the collar fastens to the bracket.

twag

Cadet

Noise on mine seems to come from the pivots on the support arm as you lower in the water. I'm thinking of plastic washers to reduce metal to metal rattling. Thanks jtexas, I'm sure we can't be the only ones experiencing this problem.

imported_Warren

Petty Officer 1st Class

Same problem here......I've only had mine for a few months and have the new gatormount......<br /><br /> Tried tightening everything up and didn't help......I'm lookin for an aluminum plate right now to mount it too....Hopefully that will work......

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Surprising, I thought the gatormount would be way better.<br /><br />Sitting here looking at a picture on my desk (same as my avatar), I'm wondering if some kind of cross-members between the two support arms would reduce the amount of torque on those joints.<br /><br />This is the part I'm talking about:<br />
bracket.jpg

twag

Cadet

A cross member may reduce the flex. I think it's poor engineering on the part of Motorguide.The rattle is so noticeable I have people in other boats fishing nearby(50yrds)look over at me when I'm powering up or down. I wonder what the fish hear?<br /><br />I just got off the phone with them (Motorguide) and they act as if this is not a problem, as in "they all rattle a little bit"<br /><br />I wonder if Minn Kota mounts are as noisy?