More things to ponder

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Why do we put suits in garment bags and garments<br />in a suitcase?<br /> <br />If I melt dry ice, can I take a bath without getting wet?<br /> <br />Why is it that bullets ricochet off of Superman's chest, but he ducks when the empty gun is thrown at him?<br /> <br />When your pet bird sees you reading the newspaper, does he wonder why you're just sitting there, staring at carpeting?<br /> <br />Why do tourists go to the tops of tall buildings and then put money into telescopes so they can see things on the ground close-up?<br /> <br />After eating, do amphibians have to wait one hour<br />before getting out of the water?<br /> <br />Why do we press harder on a remote control when<br />we know the batteries are getting weak?<br /> <br />Why do banks charge a fee on "insufficient funds"<br />when they know there is not enough?<br /> <br />Why does someone believe you when you say there<br />are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?<br /> <br />Why doesn't glue stick to the bottle?<br /> <br />Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?<br /> <br />Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?<br /><br />Whose idea was it to put an "S" in the word "lisp"?<br /> <br />If people evolved from apes, why are there still<br />apes?<br /> <br />Why is it that no matter what color bubble bath you use the bubbles are always white?<br /> <br />Is there ever a day that mattresses are not on sale? :D <br /> <br />Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?<br /> <br />Why do people keep running over a string a dozen<br />times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?<br /> <br />Why is it that no plastic bag will open from the end you first try?<br /> <br />How do those dead bugs get into those enclosed<br />light fixtures?<br /> <br />When we are in the supermarket and someone rams<br />our ankle with a shopping cart then apologizes for doing so, why do we say, "It's all right?" Well, it isn't all right so why don't we say, "That hurt, you idiot?"<br /> <br />Why is it that whenever you attempt to catch something that's falling off the table you always manage to knock something else over?<br /> <br />In winter why do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer when we complained about the heat?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: More things to ponder

:) <br /><br />Here are a few more:<br /><br />How do they get the teflon to stick to the pan?<br /><br />Why do we drive on a parkway, and park on a driveway?<br /><br />Ken

NYMINUTE

Captain

As if winter wasn't long enough. Thanx guys, you made my day a bit lighter. <br />If freezing is 32*, how does it snow at 34*?<br />(Don't get technical now)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

pondering now.<br /><br />Ken, unless you are in the city of South Milwaukee, where the space between the roadway and the sidewalk, is officially named the "parkway". I could explain it to ya, but i don't really want to, cause it will sound stupid.

ehenry

Commander

If you drive down the road at the speed of light and turned your lights on.....what would happen?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by efhenry:<br /> If you drive down the road at the speed of light and turned your lights on.....what would happen?
DUHHHHHHHHHHHH, it would still be dark :D

KaGee

Admiral

Is there ever a day that mattresses are not on sale? <br />
Yep.... the day I need one! :D <br /><br />Substitute mattress with anything else... the day I need one... it's never on sale!

sangerwaker

Commander

Sounds like my luck, too, Keith.<br /><br />Good ones guys!

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by KaGee:<br />
Is there ever a day that mattresses are not on sale? <br />
Yep.... the day I need one! :D <br /><br />Substitute mattress with anything else... the day I need one... it's never on sale!
You rock KaGee!

aspeck

Staff member

Just call up GF, I hear his mattresses are always on sale!

bh357

Chief Petty Officer

Why do overlook and oversee mean different things?<br /><br />Why isn't phonetically spelled just the way it sounds?<br /><br />If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by efhenry:<br /> If you drive down the road at the speed of light and turned your lights on.....what would happen?
you won't see what hits you till tomorrow !<br /><br />You won't be relative anymore.