More Power???

SLJ81200

Recruit
I have a 2000 Mariah 182 BR with a 4.3L 262 HP engine / Merc outdrive. I live on a lake and mainly use it for waterskiing, wakeboarding, and tubing (all of which the boat handles perfectly). I like to slalom ski, but it is a lot of work to get out of the water as the take off speed is relatively slow to comparatible boats I have owned. My top end speed is just under 50mph. I have a 3 blade prop, does anyone know how I get a quicker take off for slalom skiing? I am not sure if a 4 blade prop would help, but any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

180shabah

Rear Admiral
Re: More Power???

First, the 4.3 was never rated higher than 225hp in marine trim.
Second, yes a 4 blade prop will help with hole shot. Youe best bet would be to post in the prop forum to get specific recomendations.

Dudders

Cadet
Re: More Power???

I have a SX18 with a V6 4.3ltr Merccruiser it is power rated at 190hp (142kw), I have a Vensura 4 blade stainless prop attached and pulls anyone (even big guys - 230lbs) out of the water no problem at all. The 4 blade prop will decrease your top end speed a few mph though, but whos drag racing eh? Mercurymarine / products web site might hold more details for you.
Or google it.
Cheers
Tony