More Breaking News(Pope)(Has died)

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: More Breaking News(Pope)(Has died)

The Gates of St. Peter swung wide today. Too bad we can't be at the Welcome Home party too. :( God Bless John Paul, child of God.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I am not a church goer for sure and sure don't have anything against anyone that is, but I have been following this story for a while and I was saddened today upon hearing the news although I like a lot of others knew it was coming.<br /><br />This man has been the Pope for over half my life and I started following him after the attempt on his life in 1981 and I have to say, he was quite a man.<br /><br />Grant you he will be a welcome asset where he is gone.

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

God Bless, may he live in eternal peace.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

I'm not a religious person, but I am saddened by the Popes death, the world has lost a great man.

LadyFish

Admiral

Rest well in the House of the Lord, your work is finished here faithful servant.<br />------------------------------------------<br /><br /><br />President Bush Orders Flags Flown at Half Staff in Honor of Pope John Paul II<br />A Proclamation by the President of the United States of America<br /><br />As a mark of respect for His Holiness Pope John Paul II, I hereby order, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States of America, that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half staff at the White House and on all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset on the day of his interment. I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half staff for the same period at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations.<br /><br />IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this second day of April, in the year of our Lord two thousand five, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and twenty ninth.<br /><br />GEORGE W. BUSH

Ralph 123

Captain

He walked the walk. He not only helped bring an end to communism but also did more than anyone to reach out to all the major religions of the world. He single handedly brought reconciliation with the Jewish people and made great strides in building bridges to Islam. He forgave his enemies (his attempted murderer) and sought forgiveness for past wrongs. He reached out the weakest of us. For example, when AIDs suffers were being shunned, he hugged and kissed them. He spoke the truth as he knew it and even those who disagreed respected him for it. Despite his physical condition he tried to do his duty right up to the end. He wasn't afraid to show us what he was going through and by it, strengthen all those who suffer. He was a worthy successor to St Peter and will be greatly missed. Yes indeed, he walked the walk...