Model #, Year, Force 125....Again

gregmsr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
391
After reading post after post I have to ask again if someone can help me identify model # and year of my 89? Force 125. I have a model/serial "sticker" on my engine mount bracket but its faded and can't make out anything but the faint words "VOID". It is not like an engraved metal plate its a sticker. I also read to look under cowl for number but I found nothing there.
Is there anywhere else to look?
Is there something else I can identify the model by just looking at it?
It has Crossfire Fuel Induction on cowl (CFI) if this helps.

I've looked up one side and down the other but can't find anything.
 

gregmsr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
391
Re: Model #, Year, Force 125....Again

Ok, here's what I did finally find:

#1251X9D, On a small paper sticker on power head.
#M606178, Engraved on lower area of power head.

Is the #1251X9D the model and year?
What's the other engraved # ?
 

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Oct 30, 2002
Messages
21,961
Re: Model #, Year, Force 125....Again

1251x9d is the model number.

125 - hp
1- for a 25" transom
x - Made for a Bayliner
9 - 1989
d - midyear production run "d"

Serial number is 4 digits

I have no idea what the m606... number is.
 

gregmsr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
391
Re: Model #, Year, Force 125....Again

Thanks roscoe. You ARE the man!
Did you read my other thread concerning prop/lower unit? That has me worried as I don't want to take to water this weekend to check on progress of other problems and really mess up something else.
 

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Oct 30, 2002
Messages
21,961
Re: Model #, Year, Force 125....Again

Yep, saw it, what eurolarva said.
 
Top