Model FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkp

Recruit
Looking at a FD with the bow cover. Not sure of year. What I was wondering about is a bracket and two pulleys that are mounted on the starboard side. The bracket is mounted over the center seat and the pulleys are just in front of the seat. Any idea what they are for?
Kirk
Model FD.jpg

Vintin

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Model FD

That may be a model 'F', the FD has the aquaduct transom or transom pan. Those pulleys are for steering cables and it looks like your boat at one time had a side steering console or more likely as there is only one pulley by the (bracket) control mount it may have been dual cockpit. The mount for the motor throttle and shifter can be seen in your photo.

If the owner still has the center console steering wheel mount I'd be interested in buying it. I'm in GA.

Last edited:

rufusdog

Cadet

I have two identical Alumacraft's The one I use is a ACB31073M74F-FD. Located #'s on the outside right rear stearn the other I can't find any #'s where else can I look. I bought it to replace the one I have worn out??P3080026.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member

Rufusdog, start a thread for YOUR Alumacraft projects & you'll get plenty of help for all your questions. ;)

This is Kirkp's Alumacraft thread.

Nice FD's :cool:

EDIT: Rufus, as the original poster (OP) of your Alumacraft thread:
Alumacraft

Just post your questions there, the big red banner is to keep everyone BUT you from re-opening an inactive thread.....

Last edited:

Yukon51

Recruit
Just joined, avid boat owner started with a grumman sport conoe, next a alumacraft fd, a Lowe olympic jon, now have a 2006 alumacraft Yukon a super boat. Still miss the old FD. Would like to find an old alumacraft fd to restore as I am now retired with a little more time.

P.S. know a little about alumacraft boats as my dad was a alumacraft dealer in southwest Iowa in the late 50's and early 60's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.