Mitchel Craft restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

swampdrummer

Cadet
Since I got so much help on the outboard forum I figured it would only be fair to put up a few pics of the boat the motor is on!:D
Picked up this boat, motor and trailer last week and plan on getting her back on the water and use for fishing and cruising the ten thousand islands down here in southwest Florida.
Things to do include, In no particular order:
Tear out the bench seats and either rebuild as is or tab in cleats and put straight bench seats ( not enclosed)
Fix a couple of cracks and dents in the rolled gunnel.
Fill a few bolt holes in the transom.
Paint inside. ( maybe outside as well)
GET MOTOR RUNNING!:D
Replace tilting bolt on outboard.
New hubs and tires and lights on trailer
On down the road I will add a trolling motor and probably gps/depthfinder
The hull itself is rock solid. I can't find any soft spots anywhere. It obviously had some rainwater sitting in it at some point and that rotted out the seats but apparently did no damage to the hull itself.
Anybody know anything about Mitchell boats? or maybe Mitchell craft? Made in Sarasota Fl.
file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

Anybody see anything major that I'm missing?
Thanks!
Brad

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Mitchel Craft restore

they were a great boat, in there day.

jddenham

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks like a fun 'lil project.

TheCoralReefer

Recruit

I own a 17ft. MitchCraft center console. it is a great boat in my opinion. where can i find more information about this boat? the boats decal says Mitchcraft a Russ Mitchell design, Sarasota Florida. The boat has a light blue deep vee hull that is whaler sturdy and can take a pounding. please reply with any and every information possible.

Little Mitch

Recruit
My name is Angela Mitchell-Brown. Russ Mitchell was my father. I have some old sales flyers ETC, if i can help anyone with information.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Since the question was asked over 11 years ago, you probably won't have any takers.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.