Missy wants to go topless

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander
The wife is considering to buy a roadster, her choices are the Porsche Boxster or the Nissan 350Z convertible, since i know next to nothing about these types of cars, my question is which of the two would be the better choice?<br /><br />er....and no she's not a blonde :D

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Missy wants to go topless

Didn't ya see the new Ford Mustang Convertable during the Super Bowl?? :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The Boxter is the ultimate sports car, IMO.<br /><br />Does she really want a sports car or just she just want an open car? Big difference.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Mine does too , except she loves the VW bug. YUCH.

KM2

Chief Petty Officer

Hey, Am I the only one that's disappointed this thread is about cars... :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

What? Not a Viper? :) <br /><br />Sounds like domestic is out of the question.<br /><br />If it ain't gonna be driven like it was intended, she shouldn't have it, no one should.<br /><br />How about a nice classy 6 series beemer?<br /> http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/6/645CiConvertible

eeboater

Commander

Hmm.... Topless? <br /><br />
enlarge_10.jpg
<br /><br />Sean

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Porche = expensive to fix.<br /><br />The Nissan would be much more reasonable on parts.<br /><br />The ultimate chick convertable is a mazda miata.<br /><br />Wife likes the PT Cruiser convertable.<br /><br />And dogone it, your topic title is misleading. I am offended. :D <br /><br />Ken

LubeDude

Admiral

Honda 2000S???<br /><br />Its going to cost a lot to keep the Boxster maintained, Check on the price of just a tune up.

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

EEboater, you hit it right on the head....there is only one!! and that is it. :cool: <br /><br />Personally, if I had the choice between the two you've specified, I'd pick the Porche over the Datsun anyday. I'm assuming of course that if ya got the cash to buy one, ya got the cash for the expensive maintenance. Good luck :)

one more cast

Captain

Check out the 2006 Pontiac Solstice. A roadster that won't break the bank.
pontiac-solstice-side-25.jpg

KennyKenCan

Commander

My suggestion would be the Porshe 911 Cabriolet.<br /><br />Now thats a car!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

got my wife a red Mustang GT convertible on her 40th birthday - man that was one hot car! traded in on a minivan two years later, but still, worth it I think.<br /><br />If she's got a thing for Porsches then my advice is don't settle for anything else. In fact, I'd say just go ahead & let her pick.<br /><br />Not much difference in price, though, is there?

Laddies

Banned

I don't think it's legal to say Porshe and Nissan in the same sentence is it.---Bob

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

Maybe if Maxda turned the RX-8 into a convertible?

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

No Vette heads yet huh?<br />For the price of a Boxster (around $44,000 base price) couldn't you find a nice convertible vette? Best value in sports cars around some think. More horses than a Porsche and handles as good if not better than most. Plus It's built in the good ole USA. (Ain't that a plus?)<br /><br />Vette head Dave

Dunaruna

Admiral

From a resale point of view (when she gets sick of rain and bugs :p ) the boxster will likely appreciate - can't say the same for a rice burner. <br /><br />Aldo

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Those are the two which she likes,my job is to pick one and buy it, reliability is an issue for me since i don't like to get shafted by auto services, oil changes and plugs is the most which i will do on cars, anything else will take time away from my boating and fishing.<br />The woman wants a sports car, and yes she drives like a bat outta hell. The corvette did'nt make the cut because the neighbours use to have one a while back, go figure eh!