missing carb baffle 1985 50hp 4 cly. how bad is it?

Bob427

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 20, 2010
Messages
155
well after changing the impeller next is the carb rebuild
one carb which is a walbro is missing the baffle that goes above the float
how bad would be not to have this because the part is nla #7112a 1 new number is#814483
appears no one on this iternet has one

thanks Bob
 

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Joined
May 23, 2011
Messages
4,089
Re: missing carb baffle 1985 50hp 4 cly. how bad is it?

So you do have the walbro? Did you ever find the float height settings that you P.M.ed me about. If not I can check when I get home.
 

carholme

Rear Admiral
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
4,845
Re: missing carb baffle 1985 50hp 4 cly. how bad is it?

http://www.boatpartspr.com/catalog/..._12_26309_42059_42060_42078&products_id=46228

http://www.sandpointmarineandmotors...Y(WALBRO)%2f02-002-13287-3780%2fCOMMON7038561

http://www.ascensionmarine.com/page...EMBLY(WALBRO)/02-002-13287-4240/COMMON7038561

Have you contacted these ones?

If you are still looking for float settings, here is a link to the condensed version of the Clymer manual. Let the page load for several seconds and then download soonest to your computer as the link is short lived.

http://web.ebscohost.com/serrc/pdf?...b-b283-62345fd0cda6@sessionmgr11&vid=4&hid=17

See page 269



Gerry
 
Last edited:

Bob427

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 20, 2010
Messages
155
Re: missing carb baffle 1985 50hp 4 cly. how bad is it?

I tried all of the above places and struck out
I guess I will just run it and see whatg happens
 
Top