Minuteman Project - illegal aliens - how you can help

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Re: Minuteman Project - illegal aliens - how you can help

I got 36 acres that they can get a start on. Whites and blacks won't work? Since when? Know why kids today are lazy? Because Fraco Taco is already mowing poor old Ms Tuckers yard, and he does a good job, he has kids to support, it just wouldn't be right to let Billy cut it. I did all of those things you mentioned. I used to hang out on the corner with the winos waiting for the truck to pick us up for work. I learned how to do just about anything while doing it too. I have 2 daughters. If the oppertunity presents itself you can bet that I will have them in a field working. They NEED to know how much work goes into food crops so they won't be wasteful. <br /><br />Speaking of troops in the field. The Texas Dept of Criminal Justice now owns the BeeVille airforce base. The govt could have kept it and used it for a home base.

D

DJ

As someone that actually LIVES on the border, the American public has NO IDEA what is going on here.<br /><br />The flood of illegals in OVERWHELMING!!!!! It is estimated/year at 2M+.<br /><br />Where do we start?<br /><br />Most of these folks (I've ACTUALLY talked to them-have you?) want an opportunity to come over here and work and then go home, with their earnings.<br /><br />The Ceasar Chavez (feel good) laws stopped all that? Now, they pretty much feel trapped, once they get here. It's too risky to go back and forth.<br /><br />Thus, they're trapped. They DO NOT want to assimilate, they just want to work and earn $$$.<br /><br />Let's let them go back and forth, IMHO, with documentation, like we used to do.<br /><br />BTW, the media will COMPLETELY blow this. They have no idea, nor do they want to. The "Minutemen" will portrayed as "right wing-nazi, gun toting idiots".<br /><br />Mark my words. PROVE ME WRONG!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

rodbolt - :D not an excuse, slick.. its the way it is. either government payed me to learn or I paid for it.. thats irrelevant.<br /><br />I tell ya what, rodbolt.. send me your tax money as a reimbursement for my tuition fees that I, myself, paid cash for.. I'm under the impression the schools tution is up around 13K a semester right now ;) <br /><br />I've had intrest in the military since I was a kid old enough to keep from wettin' myself - if you're hearin' me.<br /><br />The funds have always been there. <br /><br />Geesh .. I've got a number of family and friends in the military. Grunts to privatly contracted technical security advisors that are here one minute and overseas the next, with-out warning.. <br /><br />Chri$t the Government contracted, now disolved and bankrupt, 'Sun Country Air' (based out of Minneapolis, MN) to fly their officers back and forth abroad.. per body contract based on rank - if you can believe it.. ** My Aunt was employed by Sun Country for 25yrs+ and met my Uncle on one of those flights** <br /><br />Don't start with the $$ BS .. were talking about $$ thats already there thats going to get spent whether or not the EMPLOYEES of the government are sleeping in Copperas Cove, TX or someplace between Brownsville, TX and Chula Vista, CA.<br /><br />The financial, political rhetoric spewed is absurd! Give the guys something to do that would help them to learn and further give pride in their actions as not only US citizens but as US military troops keeping track of THEIR borders.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

DJ<br /> I agree some with ya. however I worry that 1500 "volunteers" is not going to work and will lead to a conflict and unnessasry loss of life and liberty.<br /> yes I lived in san antonio for a bit and delived cattle all over that area.<br /> yes I am guilty of giving the poor ones water and some cash or some baby formula. most are not much different from you or me just more desperate. I agree that with proper documentation and work permits they should be allowed to come and go. most are honest hard working folk that are desperate. they either die trying to get here to better themselves or die in mexico. its not like the mexicans have had honest non-corrupt leadership in the past years.<br /> I warrenty every poster on this board would do the same if they had been born south of our borders. I know I would. but I do worry about this so called volunteer group. most are poorly trained to no training. the TV said a lot were military ex's. most military training does not touch on civil law. I was lucky cause mine did. when the marine gunney did our training it was rough. we found that for the year 1990 33 cases of deadly force had been used. 30 of them were prosecuted due to the fact that the deadly force was adrenalin driven and not autherized.<br /> but I fear your spot on with the media. seems its already starting. I dont wish to seem I am busting on any law enforcement people. but most are poorly trained due to budjets. law enforcement training is like CPR and other training. it has to be continually redone, re-evaluated and updated. to many poor regions just dont have the resorces. and the average enforcement agent never sees the situation in real life but once. I have a cousin that did 26 years on the sheffifs payroll and never fired his weapon in a situation.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> As someone that actually LIVES on the border, the American public has NO IDEA what is going on here.<br /><br />The flood of illegals in OVERWHELMING!!!!! It is estimated/year at 2M+.<br /><br />Where do we start?<br /><br />Most of these folks (I've ACTUALLY talked to them-have you?) want an opportunity to come over here and work and then go home, with their earnings.<br /><br />The Ceasar Chavez (feel good) laws stopped all that? Now, they pretty much feel trapped, once they get here. It's too risky to go back and forth.<br /><br />Thus, they're trapped. They DO NOT want to assimilate, they just want to work and earn $$$.<br /><br />Let's let them go back and forth, IMHO, with documentation, like we used to do.<br />
I lived in Mexico for 6+ months. Time split between Monterrey and Mexico City (and surrounding 'pueblos') and from what I recall of the 'families' that were "skipping" is that it was all about the $$ and the welfare systems. <br /><br />$$ was sent home.. $$ earned here that was NOT taxed here -or- spent here other than necessities.. yes, there are exceptions.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

barlow<br /> ya ever work dem bean fields? how many white boys ya ever see in them. they wont. period. I also shucked oysters for 4 bucks a gallon and flicked shrimp heads for 50 cents a pound down in bayou labatre Al. not many high school grads there either.<br /> its not like they come work in a bank or an office for 50K+ a year and leave, they mostly do jobs americans wont do or have substance abuse problems that preclude them from doing.<br /> in my area you can be a framing crew forman and never seen a saw. ya just have to have a drivers license and show upat 7:30 am to give the rest of the crew a ride. half are drunk or high or both by lunchtime. paint crews are the same.<br /> I worked nextet to a painters shop. he started hiring illigals cause they showed up sober at 7:30 and worked all day with no dope toking or beer swilling. its sad but I watched it for 5 years. the local crew would sit in the parking lot and drink at 7 am.by 2:30 they were useless and would create more work than they did.<br /> so the owner finally fired them all and hired a mexican crew. paid them well but they worked.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

As someone that actually LIVES on the border, the American public has NO IDEA what is going on here.<br />
Absolutely 100% correct, Sir.. <br /><br />I live on a border of another sort... Perhaps not the numbers that cross thru the Mexican border, but enuff to make an impact.. <br /><br />Human trafficing thru the bahamas is quite common.. Cubans, Haitians, you name it... They drop em' off right on the beaches, right in front of muy $$$ condos on Palm Beach, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale,The Keys, and all points in between.. Flat summer seas.. Pitch black nights.. 56 miles of ocean to cross.. No problem mon!..<br /><br />The major difference here is, these folks have no desire to go back...

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

can ya blame them ?<br />would you ?

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by rodbolt:<br /> barlow<br /> ya ever work dem bean fields? how many white boys ya ever see in them. they wont. period. I also shucked oysters for 4 bucks a gallon and flicked shrimp heads for 50 cents a pound down in bayou labatre Al. not many high school grads there either.<br /> its not like they come work in a bank or an office for 50K+ a year and leave, they mostly do jobs americans wont do or have substance abuse problems that preclude them from doing.<br /> in my area you can be a framing crew forman and never seen a saw. ya just have to have a drivers license and show upat 7:30 am to give the rest of the crew a ride. half are drunk or high or both by lunchtime. paint crews are the same.<br /> I worked nextet to a painters shop. he started hiring illigals cause they showed up sober at 7:30 and worked all day with no dope toking or beer swilling. its sad but I watched it for 5 years. the local crew would sit in the parking lot and drink at 7 am.by 2:30 they were useless and would create more work than they did.<br /> so the owner finally fired them all and hired a mexican crew. paid them well but they worked.
you pussies!! :p :D <br /><br />my grandfather was a Tobacco farmer.. nuff said!<br /><br />pickin beans.... ROFL<br /><br />that 'weak back' bean and cotton crap don't hold a candle to it.<br /><br />come on up and visit the mid-west sometime.. I'm sure I can give you a good lesson in a days work my friend!<br /><br />we start steaming seed beds in about a month here if they wern't steamed and tarped last fall.<br />----<br /><br />Typical attitude of the southern worker (generalization) - 'Manual Labor' ... "Isn't he the president of Mexico??" :p <br /><br />btw .. ain't NO ONE picked beans or cotton by hand in YEARS! DECADES!.. unless they're in genetic engineering ;) just thought I'd let ya know.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

oh .. and by the way..<br /><br />anyone can do anything they want to ... its just a matter of how well ya do it!!<br /><br />give a farmer a stack-o-timber, a saw, bucket-o-nails and a hammer and he'll build ya a barn ;) <br /><br />
2j9m3q
<br /><br />This however is a different story ;)

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Barlow:<br /> oh .. and by the way..<br /><br />anyone can do anything they want to ... its just a matter of how well ya do it!!<br /><br />give a farmer a stack-o-timber, a saw, bucket-o-nails and a hammer and he'll build ya a barn ;) <br /><br />
Nice barn. <br /><br />Where do the cows go in?<br /><br />Or is that the illegal workers' accommodation block? :)

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

member Barlow said "pussies"......wow!

PW2

Commander

It'll never happen.<br /><br />The economy would collapse without the illegals, and too many large campaign contributors would get hurt big time.<br /><br />This is one of these issues that play great on right wing wacko radio so they have an emotional issue to blame on liberals and judges, but if the truth were known, the powers that be have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.<br /><br />If they wanted to, they would do something besides whining on the radio about how terrible the problem is.

D

DJ

the powers that be have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.<br />
The only thing I've ever agreed with PW2 on.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by pjc:<br /> member Barlow said "pussies"......wow!
LOL @ member pjc :D <br /><br />Who left the door open and let the parrot in :p <br /><br />
Originally posted by PW2:<br />...<br />... This is one of these issues that play great on right wing wacko radio so they have an emotional issue to blame on liberals and judges, but if the truth were known, the powers that be have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.<br />...<br />...<br />
conspiracy theory.. hmmmmm.. now thats a different angle.

LubeDude

Admiral

Only thing I have to say about all the Illegals is that about 95% of the crime here on the coast is from illegals. You read the arrest reports in the paper, and most have the last name that rings of Mexican. Nearly all the stabbings and murders are from the spanish sect. The theft is split about 75% being spanish, and the other from the Meth crowd.