Minuteman Project - illegal aliens - how you can help

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=89760 <br /><br /> http://www.theamericanresistance.com/articles/art2005mar15.html <br /><br />It is called the Minuteman Project<br /><br />Ordinary citizens doing what they can to help the border patrol <br /><br />Will there be issues? Of course!<br />Will there be naysayers! YES!<br /><br /><br />The Minuteman Project’s goal is<br /><br />“To bring national awareness to the decades-long careless disregard of effective U.S. immigration law enforcement.”<br /><br />And:<br /><br />“To protest the refusal of the Congress and the President to protect our borders from illegal immigrants who have not had criminal background checks by, and through, the U.S. Embassy in their home country, thereby creating an imminent danger to all Americans, and creating the dilution of US citizen's voting rights by foreign nationals.” <br /><br /><br />Do some google searches

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Minuteman Project - illegal aliens - how you can help

Where do I sign up? ;)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

As long as the Minutemen follow all laws, I think it is a great idea.<br /><br />Every illegal immigrant is a slap in the face to LEGAL immigrants. These people break the law and walk across the border whereas legal immigrants have to wait years to make the same journey.<br /><br />People need to remember there are many business that want to keep illigal immigration. Illegal immigration keeps wages low. Think of how much more you house would cost if they actually paid the workers the legal rate.<br /><br />Ken

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Well I say if the Governments don't have the backbone to uphold the law, what's wrong with a little vigilantism. It is certainly not the prefered way for a civilized society but if the Government won't excercise it's lawful civilizing authority then I say more power to them.<br /><br />If there is no penalty, in one form or another, then they will just keep on coming.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

If this is such a great idea ,why did it flop the previous 3 times it was tried????<br />Why does the border police not like these efforts??<br />I can only see this as people trying to take the law in their own hands,instead of being law abiding citizens.<br />For some reason this sort of initiative usually does not attract the better educated part of our population.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> If this is such a great idea ,why did it flop the previous 3 times it was tried????<br />Why does the border police not like these efforts??<br />I can only see this as people trying to take the law in their own hands,instead of being law abiding citizens.<br />For some reason this sort of initiative usually does not attract the better educated part of our population.
Vigilantism, usually only existed in our society, in a vacuum. If there is no 'legal controlling authority ;) ' then according the the doctrine of rolmops, you should just go with the flow and take the punches. Give me a break, how long is reasonable for people to sit around when the 'Law" has shown that it is virtualy non-existant. <br /><br />As to why it has not worked in previous attempts? That's a real complicated question. I'll see if I can take a stab at the answer.<br /><br />Hmmmm, I guess, maybe, enough people were not fed up enough. :rolleyes:

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> ...<br />Why does the border police not like these efforts??<br />...<br />
thats easy .. they look like fools.

ob

Admiral

In this case an ounce of prevention is worth a ton of cure.Some 18-20 million fertile illegals and counting.Crime control??Forget about it.Political agenda gone wild.Naivity of citizens to the third power.Hard luck stories twisted out of proportion.Guess what State leads the country in auto thefts.Guess where most end up.Guess what treaty has exacerbated the stats.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

LIke I said, if all they do is call in reports of illegal alien sightings, then why would anyone have a problem with what they do.<br /><br />Ken

SoulWinner

Commander

I have thought seriously about heading out there for 30 days. And have a 4 year degree from one of the most highly accredited colleges of business in the US.<br /><br />President Bush has completely screwed up the whole border situation with Mexico. He seems way too cozy with Vicente Fox. I would like to see the military patrole the border. We have thousands of troops sitting in garisons right now who could be out there training while secureing our southern border.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

you bet SW .. I agree fully!!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Never understood why we dont send troops in the area to train/enforce.<br /><br />Ken

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

yep fill the Rio Grande with pirrahna and let the KKK patrol it. my only concern is some of the fools will be armed. 1500 fools with weapons is a bad mix. show me a group of 1500 civilian volunteers and ill show you 1400 that really should not have a pocket knife.<br /> I applaud the attempt to draw attention to the border, just not really the fact that there will be no chain of command. maybe we can make it retroactive, if your forfathers were not here by 1760 ya gotta go. or at least dynamite the bridges leading to the outerbanks and anyone that has not had family here since 1760 has to leave, man what a wonderful idea. :) :) and if that fails maybe a driving test for all those with PA,OH and MD plates.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

yea .. me either Ken.<br /><br />If I remember correctly this was a topic I covered in college at one point with a bunch of ferin' folk in the class that wern't 'citizens'.. you talk about about a near riot.. that was some heavy junk. ;) <br /><br />I believe that most of the bording miles and acres to Mexico (specifically) would benifit both military training and the operations of the border patrol.. it seems only right that they be invloved at some point. <br /><br />Now, I've never been in the military so this is an opinion from 'the outside looking in' that seems prety rational in my eyes..<br /><br />How many flight hours do 'we' log from the air bases in TX, NM, CA and AZ?<br /><br />How many of these hours are 'practical' hours? <br /><br />** The F-16's based here in Madison run "HOT" - "out of town" touch-n-gos to keep their fuel allotment.. was the same way with the A-10 Warthogs & Thunderbolts when they were based here.. **<br /><br />This is just the 'air patrol'.<br /><br />What about the ground forces?.. hmmmmm..

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

so now we attack illigalls with F-16s and A-10"s<br /> I hope your excuse for non participation in the military is better than the standard" I dont like people telling me what to do" if you have never been on patrol or even hunting in soutwest texas in the summer or the bitter winds of winter you will see how difficult it is to support troops in the field in that terrain.<br /> its not like the louis la'more novels at all. and mayber all them college boys that laughed at the grunts could volunteer for "domestic" patrol duties. now that sounds like a plan

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by rodbolt:<br /> yep fill the Rio Grande with pirrahna and let the KKK patrol it. my only concern is some of the fools will be armed. 1500 fools with weapons is a bad mix. show me a group of 1500 civilian volunteers and ill show you 1400 that really should not have a pocket knife.<br /> I applaud the attempt to draw attention to the border, just not really the fact that there will be no chain of command. maybe we can make it retroactive, if your forfathers were not here by 1760 ya gotta go. or at least dynamite the bridges leading to the outerbanks and anyone that has not had family here since 1760 has to leave, man what a wonderful idea. :) :) and if that fails maybe a driving test for all those with PA,OH and MD plates.
rodbolt - plain and simple- <br /><br />If you're not a citizen, on Visa, even here for a few sunsets ;) .. get the hell out!! AND stay out!! We don't need people draggin' their pregnant arses here for social support!! OR UNTAXED INCOME!! <br /><br />We need to support more illegal foreigners like we need a hole in the head!!<br /><br />btw- how do I get ahold of ya?? have a few questions to ask ya 'bout fishin' yer way?? :D

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by rodbolt:<br /> so now we attack illigalls with F-16s and A-10"s<br /> I hope your excuse for non participation in the military is better than the standard" I dont like people telling me what to do" if you have never been on patrol or even hunting in soutwest texas in the summer or the bitter winds of winter you will see how difficult it is to support troops in the field in that terrain.<br /> its not like the louis la'more novels at all. and mayber all them college boys that laughed at the grunts could volunteer for "domestic" patrol duties. now that sounds like a plan
rodbolt.. did I mention that?.. "attack"<br /><br />buddy I lived in Lubbock, TX - GO TT RED RAIDERS - no big deal .. I've gone rattle snake huntin'.. chased Quail, Jack Rabbits, Ducks and Geese over much of the state ;) <br /><br />what are ya gettin' at??<br /><br />[edit addition]<br /><br />btw- I was GIVEN an un$uppoted CHOICE by my father who served in Vietnam (as an Air Force Pilot) after my graduation of H.S. .. it was MY choice to go to college. nuff said.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

thats a good enough excuse for me. some are ment to do one or the other some can do both.<br /> I have friends that thinink the military would have been a waste of there time. cant argue with them. its the ones that hide behind the being told what to do excuse that irritate me. thats the nice thing about our system :) :) .<br /> so you understand what it would involve to have a 80 man company on patrol in west texas. the cost will be staggaring in materiels,manpower and administration costs. having lived in the DFW area almost 10 years I found that most times the illegals only took jobs whites and blacks wont. I never saw any blacks or whites hanging about the court house square looking for day labor in fields or fencing. but if you had a few hundred yards of fence to build you could get a hard working crew for 20 a day plus lunch. or maybe 3 miles of fence :) <br /> solets kick out all the exchange students, exchange workers and illegals. then a head of lettuce will be about 7 dollars tomatoes will be 3 dollars a piece and peaches and apples will be affordable by the wealthy that hires them in the first place. not to mention peas or beans or cukes. I have chunked melons, culled taters, pitched hay bales and a few other not so fun things in the lower alabama sun and the central texas heat. not many white boys was out with me. but I know how its done, even picked cukes for a month once.<br />I am getting at nothing. just before thinking usuing the military as a domestic police force, for which they have NO training. think of the cost,logistics and problems of having a large contingint in the field for extended periods.<br /> by law they will have to get permission to quater on private property, and how much damage tothe grazing grounds of the cattle will be done?<br /> and how many ranchers are gonna want 150 troops a month tramping on their ranch?

JRJ

Commander

I just wonder who is gonna harvest the tomatoes, corn,grapes,and melons etc.? You name it, and Americans are proud to pay for cheap labor to get things done. Is it right? No, but how many illegals do you see as you leave Wal-Mart with signs that say "Why lie, I need a Beer"?