MILLER BEER TASTE BITTER FROM NOW ON

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: MILLER BEER TASTE BITTER FROM NOW ON

yep<br /> but they wil get away with it]

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

i tried to send a email to miller brewing didnt get to far.<br />.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I dont trust stories like this any more, too many over zealos reporters looking for a scoop and are too lazy to check out the facts.<br /><br />I just dont see anyone getting fired over this, he just drives the forklift, he isnt the CEO.<br /><br />Ken

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

I've heard of something like that before, so I looked up the Racine Journal-Times. guess what? it's true (at least it's a real newspaper story)...<br /><br /> the full story<br /><br />here's a few paragraphs:<br />
<br />Aguero said he learned there was a problem with the photo shortly after he showed up to work on Monday. Co-workers told him he was in trouble for the picture. He was then called into the general manager's office and was told he was fired.<br /><br />Aguero said he was not given a reason for the dismissal, and claimed he never had problems with his bosses at work. He had worked at CJW for about four years before he was fired - and had drank Bud Light even longer than that, he said.<br /><br />Thomas Bey, a CJW sales manager, read a statement to The Associated Press on Friday and would not answer any questions. He said the company does not publicly discuss past or present employees.<br /><br />"We consistently remind our employees that drinking alcohol is entirely a personal decision," Bey said. "The image and reputation of any company is determined in large part by the way its employees are seen to behave. Our employees can and should be our best ambassadors."<br />

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

And don't forget the "Cheerios scam". Competitors 'leak' rumours that spread like wildfire, only to find out later that they were BS.<br />If we were able to research this to it's source sucessfully, we might find Anhieser Bush, Coors, or who knows at the end of the paper trail.

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

was he in a miller uniform? or such a personality that all would know that he was a miller spokesman sneaking a bud.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Would the analogy be the same if a man who works for Ford but owns and drives a Chevy gets fired because photo of him and his vehicle appears in the local paper? :eek: <br /><br /> something here tastes BITTER and less FULLFILLING :(

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Elmer Fudge:<br /> Would the analogy be the same if a man who works for Ford but owns and drives a Chevy gets fired because photo of him and his vehicle appears in the local paper? :eek: <br /><br /> something here tastes BITTER and less FULLFILLING :(
More like if the guy worked for a local Ford dealer.<br /><br />This is a local distributor - you wouldn't expect pettiness from public corporations who have a public image to maintain, but who knows what kind of businessman this employer is. <br /><br />Worked for a single-owner company once (manufacturing) who just on a whim decided to cut headquarters costs; sent his VP-Personnel through the building two days before Christmas firing people, no severance. You just never know.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

Jtexas<br /> happened in Cleburne TX in the mid 80's at GOEX. for some reason I came to work one night and was sent home with pay and told I had been transfered to day shift. 2 weeks later the plant manager met the entire 2nd shift coming in and told them they were all laid off and to stay in the breakroom until a member of management could check their tool box's. they did the same to third shift. we went from about 60 machinists to 5 in one day. they would have zapped me but they had 7 cnc machines and I was the only one that could make them move :) .

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I smell a lawsuit. I watch Milwaukee TV stations and that story was on last week. What I don't know is if the gentleman was in any way ID'd as being an employee of a Miller distributor in the pic. Not that it should matter. I'm sure he's had plenty of offers from ambulance chasers. This is one case I hope they win.<br /><br />I should mention this is with a distributor, not the manufacturer. I'll stick with Miller. Bottoms up...