Milk, bread, & eggs

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: Milk, bread, & eggs

:) WOW davexx! your "OLD"!!!!!! :p You have me by 10 years!!!! ;) <br /><br />I just thought with this 7-11 talk U were maybe in your 20s!!!<br /><br />I can remember when the snow was over my head years ago!!! Haven't had a snow storm like that since i was 5 years old!!! :rolleyes: I wonder why!!!! :confused: ;) :cool:

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

Dave the smiles are on the left see instant graemlins.<br /><br />Noel we're talking car gas tanks not home heating gas.<br /><br />The stuck in the snow is another good reason to have a full tank One more cast.

KaGee

Admiral

Well, I guess I still don't get the full tank theory. I suppose it's because I live within the city.

ndemge

Commander

jg.... right, gas storage tanks at the pump<br /><br />maybe I'm missing the point you were trying to make.

aspeck

Staff member

KaGee, it is probably because you are from Ohio, but that is okay, just have some more green bean casserole. It will be okay>

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> ... just have some more green bean casserole. It will be okay...
Man.... I knew I forgot something... fighting off everybody for the last gallon of milk just got me frustrated. :(

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

Noel, That's okay it's me thats screwed up. I see now what your point was, and as far as I know gas weighs in at around 8#'s per gal. no matter what the temp is.<br /><br />It just gives off less fumes when colder thats just basic chemistry.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

As far as gas weight goes, it depends on the API gravity of the gasoline, which varies by grade and refinery. Usually, regular unleaded gasoline has a gravity of around 58 and a weight per gallon of 6.216 pounds per gallon. Premium gasoline may have a gravity of 54, or 6.350 pounds per gallon.

ndemge

Commander

there goes sbn the chemist again...<br /><br />that DR. SBN PHD TO YOU!

one more cast

Captain

I live out in the country and when we loose power due to a big storm it covers a large area so it may be a couple of days before you can get to a station with power and or gas. The nearest hospital is also a ways so is you need to get there, your cars on E and the gas stations are down then you may be in trouble. NOTE. if you are ever stuck and need to run your vehicle to stay warm make sure to clear the tailpipe of snow and keep a window cracked.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

And do you know that a 1963 Chevy II 100 2-Door Sedan with a 4 cylinder and a Powerglide, had a curb weight of 2575 pounds?

oddjob

Commander

Man.... I knew I forgot something... fighting off everybody for the last gallon of milk just got me frustrated. <br /><br />--------------------<br />Keith<br /><br /><br />I'll send you some @ 5$ a gallon there out to be some on the shelve down hear. Guess I'm gonna have to cut it with Powdered milk like I is poe again. :(

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

The volume of gasoline varies with the temperature. One gallon (231 cubic inches) of gasoline at 95 degrees farenheit shrinks to 220 cubic inches (.95 gallons) at 15 degrees. If you bought 20 gallons at 0 deg, then warmed it up to 80, you would have 21 gallons. But it would weigh the same as the original 20 gallons. Do you have more actual fuel? Not sure.

jimchere

Petty Officer 1st Class

Keep your highly volatile ank 3/4+, flashlights w/batteries, potfresh water, adequate wood and<br />shti if you're too stupid to figure it out et.al.