Mexican Fence

Twidget

Commander
Re: Mexican Fence

Its what Congress sent him.

I got a good one for you. Our illustrious Governor, who had done absolutely nothing about illegal immigration is now running ads about how tough he is on it. :}

crunch

Commander

We do know that the government of Mexico encourages its poorest citizens to cross our border, to live and work in the United States. And we know that illegal aliens are sending back to Mexico more than $20 billion in remittances per year, according to the Bank of Mexico. Those remittances from Mexican citizens living in the United States are one of the largest sources of foreign income for the nation of Mexico, neck and neck with oil revenue.

No wonder that President Vicente Fox and the government of Mexico not only encourage Mexican citizens to illegally cross our borders, but also fight strenuously against American efforts to control that border.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/24/Dobbs.Oct25/index.html

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Every last one is tough until it comes to doing something.

The ad campaigns are as bad this year as I have ever seen. I have not heard one person attempt to say how they can help my state. All I hear is how bad the other person is. I wish I could kick them all out.

If just one person steps up to say what they can do, that may be what it takes to get my vote. I think I may go with all write ins - "dumazz". It is still a better option than my present ones.

PW2

Commander

This bill he just signed includes everything but the funding for building the thing.

This is a feel-good simplistic politically correct attempt to solve a very complex problem.

In short, bill or no bill, it will never be built.

crunch

Commander

This bill he just signed includes everything but the funding for building the thing.

This is a feel-good simplistic politically correct attempt to solve a very complex problem.

In short, bill or no bill, it will never be built.

Its cost is not known, although a homeland security spending measure the president signed earlier this month makes a $1.2 billion down payment on the project. The money also can be used for access roads, vehicle barriers, lighting, high-tech equipment and other tools to secure the border.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/10/26/bush.immigration.ap/index.html

QC

Supreme Mariner

As long as I am allowed to post to a CJY thread, I am going to repost my plan, because I think it is:

A) a plan that could actually sell politically, and

B) one that could really work.

Limited amnesty for all here today with a slooooow track to naturalization, and a simultaneous effort to fine, fine heavier and actually jail those who hire illegals. Smaller fines for individuals (gardener, housekeeper employers etc. ), big flippin' fines for larger illegal employers, jail for serious repeat offenders.

The amnesty part is a tough sell, but possible if people get their heads screwed on straight. The fact is we aren't sending anybody home, and if we aren't they need to be allowed to work . . . Even with a stupid, ugly, offensive fence, they are going to continue to sneak in from any and everywhere unless the big sucking sound is eliminated.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

QC for Prez! I have a new write in.

By the way, why would you not be able to post to a flippin CJY thread?

QC

Supreme Mariner

Just ribbin' your flippin' a_ _ 8)

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

"Even with a stupid, ugly, offensive fence, they are going to continue to sneak in from any and everywhere unless the big sucking sound is eliminated."

Hey QC, is this a punchline?

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yes, I write for Jay Leno . . . :rolleyes:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

You could use the illegals to build the fence and save a bundle!

Ken

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

PW2 said:
Hey, I can get behind QC on this one!

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsour...epickers25m&date=20061025&query=Apple+harvest

It's a complex problem that demands a thoughtful solution

I thought that progressives were the masters of critical thinking. You'd think that "thoughtful solutions" would be right up their alley.

But wait! They already came up with one. Illegal aliens could equal many votes for the party that panders to them.

In all fairness, this last year, I rebuffed every solicitation from Republicans. I told them flat out, " you lock down the border and I'll resume my paltry contributions". Not another red cent until that time.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

POINTER94 said:
Ken Ken Ken,

Building fence = Torture.

8)8)8)

and that's of the meanest kind. And of course you know that "mean people suck"!

JRJ

Commander

You guys just don't get it. We aren't trying to keep the illegals out, we are trying to keep the tax-payers in:love:

crunch

Commander

PW2 said:
Hey, I can get behind QC on this one!

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsour...epickers25m&date=20061025&query=Apple+harvest

It's a complex problem that demands a thoughtful solution

You could use the illegals to build the fence and save a bundle!

Ken

Let me re-state my plan as opposed to QC's, soft hearted as he is. d:)

1. Make it a felony to enter this country illegally with a mandatory sentence of one year in prison for the first offence, five years for the second, ten years for the third, life for the forth.

2. Give a 30 day grace period for all illegal’s to leave, then start rounding them up.

3. All prisoners will be given a health check-up, and all who pass will be farmed out to harvest crops, build roads, or any other large scale projects that require 20 or more workers. Each worker will be fitted with a shock vest, all coded the same. One guard with a shotgun and the "button" for each 20 workers... one runs, they all go down... won't happen more than once.

4. If a prisoner refuses to work, 23 hr. a day lock down.

5. For each worker supplied by the prison system, there will be a "non-taxed" payment of 6 dollars an hr. payable to the prison system.... no SS co-payment, no workmen comp. The prison system will "insure" the worker.

QC wants to get rid of the "sucking sound" of employers using Illegal’s... My plan will have them stampeding over the border right back into Mexico where they came from.

You decide.

ob

Admiral

Chain link and barbed wire fences are great for containing livestock.Since implimented , not one reported breach by a horse,cow,sheep,or goat using bolt cutters,makeshift ladders,hacksaws, or shovels. That fence will really have those coyotes baffled though.

crunch

Commander

Hmmm...FYI, barbed wire for live stock unless it's horses... they aint too bright... best use wood or electric.

Chain link topped with razor wire is the preferred fence to slow people down.

Did you have a point or did you want to talk about livestock fencing?