Met JB today

NathanY

Commander
Today I had to go to Weatherford TX to talk to someone at the courthouse about probate bla bla for my father's estate. So I call JB the night before, and ask him if he wants to meet me in Weatherford, being that he is less than a half hour away, and he agrees. We are to meet at the Mesquite Pit, resturant, at noon. As always, my fear of being late got the better of me and I arrived at 11:30, and decided to wait. As I sit there watching all sorts of people go by, one car caught my attention. A Mercedes SUV pulling into the parking lot, a very nice blue color, dusty, but shiny. This thing was tricked out too, I mean custom Mercedes wheels, dual exhaust, very expensive looking. Sitting behind the wheel was an older gentleman, sporting a white beard, and a blue Northwest Angle ball cap. He whips into a parking space and proceeds to get out of the SUV. I walk up, knowing who it is from hearing him talk of the Mercedes on this board, and say "nice car" knowing that he call it a truck, and he says "You must be Nathan." Well we went in to eat and had a great meal and I enjoyed great converstion with JB. <br /><br />JB, thanks again for having lunch with me, it was a real pleasure. I hope to do it again soon. I look forward to many fishing trips, when I can get the boat down here.

crab bait

Captain
Re: Met JB today

AN YOU LIVED TO TELL THE TALE.. <br /><br />WOW,, that's soooo cool.. to actually seen the wizard.. the man behind the curtain..<br /><br />just raised to celeb statis..<br /><br />tell us again what it was like..

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by crab bait:<br /> to actually seen the wizard.. the man behind the curtain..
Thats FUNNY! Ha! :D

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I guess that confirms his avitar photo! Sounds like a great time.<br /><br />Did JB pass on the secrets of iboats and the secret handshake? :D <br /><br />Bob

LadyFish

Admiral

What I want to know is JB really what every woman wants? :confused: ;)

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

I heard the "real JB" often sends a body double in for the first meeting....Just incase it's a jealous husband or boy friend.

mattttt25

Commander

i still think we'll find out years from now that jb is really a 18 yr old computer geek living in california, occasionally coming here under his other screenname sloopy.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> What I want to know is JB really what every woman wants? :confused: ;)
And you are asking Nate this because?? :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by OpK:<br /> Who is the JB character?
Just step out of line here and you'll find out in a hurry! :D

LadyFish

Admiral

Actually Kagee, a couple or more years ago I posted a thread about "What Women Really Want" or something to that affect and JB posted a picture of himself. :D It was really comical and cute coming from him. :)

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by OpK:<br /> Who is the JB character?
A question like that and people will be asking what ever happened to that OpK anyway...... (Pssst....I herd tell JB is the guy who watches "Big Brother"......but ya didn’t hear that here.)

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> Actually Kagee, a couple or more years ago I posted a thread about "What Women Really Want" or something to that affect and JB posted a picture of himself. :D It was really comical and cute coming from him. :)
OHHHHH! I see now! LOL!<br /><br />Was thinkin you were making reference to somethin else! <br /> :eek: :D :D

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Boomyal <br />Member # 31011 posted June 17, 2005 12:50 AM<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /> Oh no! You mean he's real??? <br /> <br />crab bait <br />Member # 6309 posted June 17, 2005 12:53 AM<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /> AN YOU LIVED TO TELL THE TALE.. <br /><br />WOW,, that's soooo cool.. to actually seen the wizard.. the man behind the curtain..<br /><br />just raised to celeb statis..<br /><br />tell us again what it was like.. <br />---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />I often think of JB as the character "Double Door" from the Harry Potter series, the blasted feller seems to be every where at the same time :D