Mercury ob 1995 40hp. Roll pin with Trigger assembly??

Hogs Kuiper

Cadet
My motor is pre 98 which states the trigger has a Roll Pin making it stationary. However my flywheel has timing marks and the cover has a cutout for timing. How the heck do you time it? replaced the flywheel and stator but No spark? Thanks in advance for your help. Hogs

alldodge

Staff member
Don't have a manual for your motor but have another which uses a trigger link rod. This rod is adjusted in/out to set timing. Motor is shut down each time to readjust. Maybe yours has something similar

Timing adjust 20 25hp.jpg

Hogs Kuiper

Cadet
Don't have a manual for your motor but have another which uses a trigger link rod. This rod is adjusted in/out to set timing. Motor is shut down each time to readjust. Maybe yours has something similar

View attachment 393956
Thanks Much Alldodge. (I like the All Dodge 2021 2500) Yes what you posted is what I Don't have and the trigger has no adjustment. I guess it's pre-set. I have a manual and it shows that pre-89 some were Not adjustable and it's held at the setting with a small 3/8 or 5/16 roll pin. It is running pretty good for now but I'd like to have one in case. But I've tried all stores etc. even a boat mech. and everyone looks at me like I have 3 Heads and the one in the middle is facing Backwards. keeping my eyes open. Thanks Again!