Mercury EFI 75

kamloop

Recruit
Looking for someone who is currenting reprogramming ( reflash ) of a 2018 Mercury EFI 75 HP to a 90HP

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Looking for someone who is currenting reprogramming ( reflash ) of a 2018 Mercury EFI 75 HP to a 90HP
Interested in this post and I’m sure I’ve read it can be done somewhere. But perhaps wondering why you wouldn’t go to its full potential and the higher rating of 115hp ? I have the most powerful version of this engine in the 115 form. Almost sure the 75, 90, 100 and 115 are all the same 2.1l engine but just different ecu mapping to allow more rpms and fuelling perhaps? Certainly I know that the 115 version is an incredible engine for power. Undoubtedly puts out more than the claimed 115 for sure.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Most of the well know guys that did this has stepped aside due to a lawsuit from Mercury and fines from EPA/Gov.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Most of the well know guys that did this has stepped aside due to a lawsuit from Mercury and fines from EPA/Gov.
heard that often. As far as I know, only whipple have a license to map mercruiser ecus perhaps?
Always wondered why it’s such a big deal with regards to this in particular. Given the hugely common practice of mapping ecu in the auto industry…as a comparison