Mercury 90 ELPTO will not turn with slow start up.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Need to explain that a little better.-----Like what is a ----" slow start in up position "------And does electric starter not engage ?-----Does it not shift into forward ?

Bootsywonder

Recruit
Need to explain that a little better.-----Like what is a ----" slow start in up position "------And does electric starter not engage ?-----Does it not shift into forward ?
The “slow start” is what I call the fast idle on my control or ignition box. If I raise that lever to increase the RPM’s at the start up, the motor will not turn at all. If I lower the lever (the idle) all the way down, the motor will turn and eventually start. Then I can raise my RPM’s with the lever in neutral. With the RPM lever up, the motor acts as though it is in gear and it will not turn over at all.
Thanks for your reply!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
When you raise the warm-up lever, the throttle/shift lever is moving enough for the neutral start switch to open. When using the boat does the warm-up lever raise on its own?

Welcome aboard.

Bootsywonder

Recruit
Not that I am aware of, but it is possible. I will have to check that out when I get back to the boat.
When you raise the warm-up lever, the throttle/shift lever is moving enough for the neutral start switch to open. When using the boat does the warm-up lever raise on its own?

Welcome aboard.
Not that I am aware of, but that is possible .I will have to check on that when I get the boat back. My son took the boat out duck hunting and he let me know what was happening.