Mercury 650

Jdwardus

Cadet
I have mercury 650 with serial numbers 4043020 this number is on mount and block. But when looking up parts by this number. I get a newer engine. I belive this serial range is s 76 but the 75 is the one with carbs and such that’s like mine. Anyone else seen one like this. Trouble is I can’t find condenser part number anywhere. None of these websites parts list shows the condenser that goes to the cdi. Any know this part number

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Is this a 4 cylinder motor ?-----Any pictures of the distributor / ignition system / ignition coil ?----Not sure you can find a condenser that you can replace on a CDI system !

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Racer, those mercury switches do look like condensers, perhaps that is what he means.

Jdwardus

Cadet
It’s 3 cylinder the condenser connects to cdi along with distributor and stator. I’ll take a pic later and upload it

racerone

Supreme Mariner
If it is the liquid mercury switch it prevents starting if motor is tilted all the way up.-----Shuts ignition off should you hit a log or sand bar at high speed.

suzukidave

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have mercury 650 with serial numbers 4043020 this number is on mount and block. But when looking up parts by this number. I get a newer engine. I belive this serial range is s 76 but the 75 is the one with carbs and such that’s like mine. Anyone else seen one like this. Trouble is I can’t find condenser part number anywhere. None of these websites parts list shows the condenser that goes to the cdi. Any know this part number

that is a 1974. mine is s/n 4044941

cannot help with the condensor. i triy to avoid the distributor.