Mercury 40 big foot help

cmon74

Cadet
Does anyone know where I can get an owners manual for a 40 hp Bigfoot Mercury engine serial number 1c214110? I'm needing to find info on general maintenance like engine oil type, outdrive gear type, spark plug type, things in that nature. Thank y'all in advance.

cmon74

Cadet
Does anyone know where I can get an owners manual for a 40 hp Bigfoot Mercury engine serial number 1c214110? I'm needing to find info on general maintenance like engine oil type, outdrive gear type, spark plug type, things in that nature. Thank y'all in advance.
I been reading and getting more confused. Does this particular engine need to be winterized at all? I plan on changing the engine oil, gear lube and treating the gas. Past that it seems to have a self drawing (water) system in the verticals position unless I'm reading wrong. Any thoughts?

cmon74

Cadet

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
With todays fuel I advise customers fog the cylinders. Any E10 fuel will attract moisture and cause light surface rust in cylinders over extended storage periods. As long as drain are good and lower unit oil is void of water ,vertical storage is fine. If you still worried you can use the pink antifreeze like in video link.

Mad Dog 2

Cadet
I bought a Mercury factory service manual on Ebay for about $30 for my 2004 25 Hp Big Foot which I understand Yamaha parts do interchangeably .
If you go to Boats.net in the parts for your O/B it should listed the services, parts and owners manual P/N ‘s. The owner manual should be a free down load at Mercury Marine Website.

Fatzbullet could probably speak to if your parts are interchangeable with Yamaha?