Mercury 115 hp not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turpin82

Cadet
I have a 2006 mercury 115hp optimax and it will not turn over. I replaced the battery, checked the fuel pump, changed the starter and 2 solenoids. I am lost now and need some help. When I turn the key the boat sounds like it wants to turn but doesn't. Amy ideas.

Turpin82

Cadet
I've changed almost everything and it is a big headache now that it's not working.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Does the motor crank?

Optimax's use two electric fuel pumps for start up, and only one for running. If she cranks, but won't start, you really need to have an experienced tech check it. You need to have proper fuel and air pressure on the rails that feed the fuel injection system. There are also lots of other electronic sensors that can fail.

Flyboy357

Recruit
I have the same problem with my 01 150 optimax. Just clicks and won’t crank. I replaced both solenoids and the starter…..still just clicks. I checked the battery before with a load tester and it was fine. i have twin outboards on my boat, put the switches to all and the other one cranks fine, but won’t start either but that’s a separate issue. If one cranks the other should crank, cable maybe? Did you solve your problem turpin82?

MOD EDIT: Please review the rules about posting to old threads and feel free to start a new thread about the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.