Mercury 115, 22 ft pontoon lifting strakes. 13.25 x 17p 24mph sound right????????

Philster

Captain
Re: Mercury 115, 22 ft pontoon lifting strakes. 13.25 x 17p 24mph sound right???????

Well, I don't want to lead you all over the place here, but if we know the engine rev limiter should kick in, we are left to conclude the engine's electronics have barfed, or we go the simpler route and swap out the tach.

Now, going back, if you have the identical type of 'toon that Merc tested with the identical type of engine spinning the identical type of prop, AND you went hundreds of RPM over their test... and that RPM was over the rev limiter... I don't know what else to recommend. Sort of obligated to consider the tach (not hard to swap; it's plug 'n' play more or less).

Are yout pontoons nice and clean? If not, that adds drag and slip.

cocky1421

Cadet
Re: Mercury 115, 22 ft pontoon lifting strakes. 13.25 x 17p 24mph sound right???????

Okay seems to make sense. i will try and swap the tach out. no toons are pretty dirty. also getting it serviced will talk to dealer about replacing it as it was sold as all good. Any thing else i should look at? Issues with running a wrong propeller?