Mercruiser Transom Template

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielR

Petty Officer 3rd Class
It would save me a lot of time if i could print 1:1 copy of template ( i have access to wide format printers) rather than make what was right/wrong from scrapped transom or what was left out of it.
Ive seen i believe template for Volvo on pdf., does anyone have access to mercruiser?

Thanks

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Mercruiser Transom Template

I been SURCHUN REEL HARD and found NUTTIN butcha gotta buy em!!!

You'll need your Model and Serial #'s I guess they're kinda expensive.

DON.S one of our MODS in the engine section is the GURU for this. You might PM him for more suggestions.

http://www.mercurypartsexpress.com/us/

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ok guys, here's some information for you.
You can buy the Mercruiser paper template from either your local dealer, or HERE the part number is 90-79135. 6 Bucks
If you can print a paper template full size, you can use the Volvo template, the cutout is identical to Mercruiser. Download the Volvo template HERE

Below is from the Mercruiser install manual so you can verify the X dimension for your Mercruiser.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Transom Thickness.jpg
    Transom Thickness.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Cutout dimensions for Merc.jpg
    Cutout dimensions for Merc.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 20

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Yah, I too have searched a bunch with no luck. I ultimately used a combo of my old transom cut out plus the VP diagram to give me the the exact dimensions.

I think my dealer wanted $35 for the paper copy if memory serves me.

DanielR

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ill check today if the volvo template matches.
Paper size shows 23.39"x 33.11" but with 24x34 printed true to size.

$35 a copy!... if this lays same as merc i can print few copies for you guys free of charge

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

$35 a copy!...

Yah, my local Merc service/dealer makes bank. I have also heard numbers like $8, I just didn't see them locally.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Did either of you guys even read my reply? The cutout and hole location is exactly the same as Merc and OMC Cobra.
The Merc template is 6 bucks, not 35 and I posted the part number for the template, and a place to buy it.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Did either of you guys even read my reply? The cutout and hole location is exactly the same as Merc and OMC Cobra.
The Merc template is 6 bucks, not 35 and I posted the part number for the template, and a place to buy it.

Don, I was posting the same time you were. It just took me longer as I was hunting for that VP cutout link and couldn't find it. You beat me to it. My apologies. Just trying to help is all.

The fella at the Merc shop told me $35, thats why I walked away and used that VP setup. Found the link from a post of yours many moons ago, thank you for that.

DanielR

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I needed to see it to believe it :D

If you need printed copy PM me with your address. It's on me and it wont last long.

kilowatts

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi Guys:

Thanks for that Don.

kilowatts

nrasnake

Seaman

I know this post is older, but I used the Volvo template for my Mercruiser transom and it worked perfectly. I also printed the template on 3 sheets of standard 8.5x11" paper. Here's how:

1. Download the Volvo template and open it in Adobe Acrobat/PDF viewer.
2. Select the snapshot tool in the PDF toolbar (the icon is a camera with the dashed boarder around it). If you can't find it, right click in the toolbar and click on "Select & Zoom".
3. Left click, hold, and drag a box over the top 1/3 of the template (just below the top two bolt holes).
4. Click print
5. Adjust the printer settings to
Print Range = SELECTED GRAPHIC
Page Scaling = NONE
Auto-Rotate and Center = CHECKED
6. Check in the preview window that your selection fits on the 8.5x11" paper size. If not, cancel and reselect with the snapshot tool.
7. Click OK to print.
8. Repeat steps 1-7 for the middle and bottom 1/3 of the template.

Then you can tape the three sheets together making sure the hole pattern centerlines line up. With a razor blade, slice out sections of the template lines leaving enough paper behind to prevent the template from stretching/warping when taping it to your transom. Then of course, trace the edges with a pen or marker and your ready to cut (after you triple check everything of course :)).

You should end up with something like this:
IMG_20120920_230336_zps56808d78.jpg

Hope this helps and many thanks to Don!

Status
Not open for further replies.