Mercruiser starter

Hodag1961

Cadet
I just got cruisers Inc. Wood boat with a mercruiser 150 inboard. The starter is missing. Do I search by the boat or the inboard for best results. I've googled both and want to make sure I get the right one.thanx

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
not much information here to advise you....what engine, does the mount area use the straight across or staggered pattern, the other variable is the flywheel diameter.
Most are now using the much lighter and faster cranking PMGR starters. I have an ARCO in mine and love it vs the old heavy slower cranking direct drive style starters.

Attachments

• PMGR vs DD.JPG
    PMGR vs DD.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

Hodag1961

Cadet
This has a staggered mount starter.Motor # 1727543 150hp mercruiser. Motor is froze so I put some marvel oil in cylinders to see if she breaks loose. Are these worth anything? As cores for engine and the drive? The drive is free spinning.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
A starter can be aftermarket, but must be a marine starter, which are protected from open sparks.

What is brand of MerCruiser motor? Mercury itself or marinized auto engine like Chevy?

Hodag1961

Cadet
I just googled that #. Chevy straight 6 with duel carbs. She is froze up so I put some marvel oil in the cylinders to see if it breaks loose. Are these worth anything as cores? The drive spins freely.