Mercruiser starter solenoid(s) HELP!

Firewood

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Here's the deal this is my first I/O. Its a 1986 Mercruiser MCM 190. The motor has been sitting, the boat is a fixer-upper. The key ignition doesn't turn.All I want to do is use a jumper wire to crank the motor. Can't seem to get it to go thou. Theres the solenoid on the started and then another slave mounted to the engine block. I've never seen anything like this and everything is so tight its hard to see what everything is going to. (I have the clymer manual for it). All the wire are in good condition as well as the connections. If someone is able to tell me what wires to jump that would be great. Right now I have two wires hooked to the battery (brand new Interstate-marine)Theres the neg. that goes straight to the block and the pos. that goes straight to the starter. The pos. then goes to the trim pump (which is working-sort of).By looking at the manual and looking at my merc. it looks the same. <br /><br />HELP!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Mercruiser starter solenoid(s) HELP!

Try the engines and motors forum, Firewood. Maybe someone over there can help you out.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

Firewood

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Mercruiser starter solenoid(s) HELP!

Yup. I had ment to post it there...