Mercruiser Model Numbers

Walleye King

Seaman
I bought the Clymer book, been reading it and other stuff at sites and on the forum.<br /><br />I did determine from the CID that it is a GM 153CID motor. The model # on the valve cover says it's a MCM120. In the Clymer book there are no MCM120's listed. I know I have a pre Alpha stern drive from visual identification from other sites, yet nothing is listed in the Clymer book.<br /><br />Any one know hot to get me straightened out? I want to pull the stern drive and motor and follow the directions as I do it, but can't find the right info from the book.<br /><br />Thanks all once again!

JasonB

Lieutenant
Re: Mercruiser Model Numbers

Clymer coverage for your engine starts on page 104 with the GM inline engine section. It is a 120hp inline 4cyl. It think it is a 2.5l much like the one used ion S-10 trucks for years.

Walleye King

Seaman

Yeah that's the pages for the motor and what I was reading, what I am trying to figure out it the outdrive unit, which is the pre-alpha? <br /><br />i think this boat is more involved than I thought, real glad right now I didn't sell my old one yet!

Walleye King

Seaman

It's an 82, and that's the page I used to for the visible identification as well! LOL nice to know at least I'm in the right area!