FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1974 Reniell with a replaced 302 Ford V8 and who ever changed the motors didn't transfer the motor tag to tell me what I need to know when buying parts.
The outdrive serial number is 3784434 as close as I can read it. Is this the same number as the one that should be on the motor? Is there any other places to look for the right number or a way from what I have to properly identify what I have?
I'm not sure what you mean. The engine serial number is stamped on the block. It's a Ford 302, which was the stock engine mated to an 888 drive (1.50 ratio). Most all of the parts for the drive are consistent with the Mercruiser Type I "pre-alpha" drives and Alpha I drives. The engine doesn't have any Mercruiser specific stuff aside from marinized USCG stuff (alternator, fuel pump, carb, distributor, starter).
I have a 1974 Reniell with a replaced 302 Ford V8 and who ever changed the motors didn't transfer the motor tag to tell me what I need to know when buying parts.
The outdrive serial number is 3784434 as close as I can read it. Is this the same number as the one that should be on the motor? Is there any other places to look for the right number or a way from what I have to properly identify what I have?