Mercruiser 6.2's port runs rich

Dlidds

Cadet
Hey Dilidds, knock, knock is anyone home??? You have been ask a few times about the number
We need to know what your serial number is?

Looks like the serial number might be on the tag on the plastic cover in your pic.

With fuel getting in the water I'm wondering if the fuel cooler has a leak. In your fist post you have said the cooler has been replaced
Yes sir I found them... Port OW692710 Starboard OW692709. Sorry took a while to locate. Yes, the cool fuel modules delaminated in 2019 which I hear is a popular fail on certain years, 2007 being one. Sea Ray warrantied the parts, Smith Boys replaced along with fuel injectors. I also had cap, plugs, wires etc done . My mechanic runs the boat and all in spec except the rich startup and fuel in water. Never been right since the cool modules were replaced. I did replace the IAC valve and foam filter and it idled much higher and minimal if any smoke or fuel from June - Sept, later this season it came back. stumped but want it right. Thanks so much for any advice to troubleshoot. Don

Dlidds

Cadet
Yes sir I found them... Port OW692710 Starboard OW692709. Sorry took a while to locate. Yes, the cool fuel modules delaminated in 2019 which I hear is a popular fail on certain years, 2007 being one. Sea Ray warrantied the parts, Smith Boys replaced along with fuel injectors. I also had cap, plugs, wires etc done . My mechanic runs the boat and all in spec except the rich startup and fuel in water. Never been right since the cool modules were replaced. I did replace the IAC valve and foam filter and it idled much higher and minimal if any smoke or fuel from June - Sept, later this season it came back. stumped but want it right. Thanks so much for any advice to troubleshoot. Don
1636508203447.png

Dlidds

Cadet
Would be nice to know which engine he has before we start troubleshooting.
Port OW692710 Starboard OW692709.... Ports issue as of now
All started post cool fuel modules changed out with injectors 2019. Before that no visible fuel or light white ish smoke.

I did change IAC sensor this year and filter. Ran higher on start and eliminated most but in Sept returned?
thanks in advance

Dlidds

Cadet
The serial number is a number, letter and then 6 numbers
Exp 1A123456 or 0W123456
OW692710 Port, 09 Starboard..
Cool modules and MPI in 2019 changed out due to delamination ... Since Ports been off running rich
thank you!!

Dlidds

Cadet
Ayuh,..... The '06 date probably helps some, but the serial number is kinda important, especially for the electronic motors,.....
OW692710 Port, 09 Starboard...
Cool modules replaced 2019 with injectors. Ever since an issue.
IAC sensor and filter changed this year, ran high RPM and eliminated until Sept, same issue again

Thanks

Dlidds

Cadet
Exactly....want to know if it's the new engine introduced in 2016 or not.
2007 320DA inboards. OW692710 Port, 09 Starboard. cool modules and injectors changed 2019 been issue since. Changed IAC this yr and filter, ran high RPM and eliminated til September now running rich again??

thx Don

Dlidds

Cadet
Would be nice to know which engine he has before we start troubleshooting.
OW692710 Port, 09Starboard 2007 320DA 6.2L inboards. Cool modules changed 2019 with injectors been off since. IAC changed this yr. eliminated issue til sept, now back... ugh

don

alldodge

Staff member
Thanks for the SN
Decided to look before going to bed

If its oil then is power steering

If its fuel then is the fuel module

If its neither, then you can look at the plugs and find the one which is really clean because its being washed clean by fuel. The other plugs will be darker color