Mercruiser 5.7L TBI Fuel pump replacement (Cool fuel)

MadMat

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 27, 2016
Messages
3
Hey guys,
I'm rebuilding my 1997 merc 5.7 EFI. I'd like to replace the fuel pump as a matter of course. I have the new fuel pump in hand (It matches the pump on the engine), and I noticed no thread on the output end of the pump. Would some kind person please enlighten me as to the correct method of removal and installation :)

Part diagram :)
http://www.mercruiserparts.com/bam/subassembly/31880/2338/90

Regards,

Mat
 

Fun Times

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
9,449
Hi there, welcome to iboats!:)

The smaller end without the threads closest to the power wires is installed by sliding in (or out) the 90 degree fitting item number 4 in your diagram. The fitting has 4 small O-rings... 2 rings on each end and again they just slide in/out of the fuel pump end and the cooler tube above (#8).
 
Last edited:

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
19,555
Hope you paid less that $120 USD for it. Just did a replacement. easy job replacing the parts, tougher job just getting to it. Had to remove the exaust manifold and riser to see it down there.
 
Top