mercruiser 5.7 gs exhaust flappers

Bubblehead132

Recruit
Is there a replacement for exhaust flapper for pn 3853864? one that allows me to use the elongated riser elbows m.h. 64560? vice the round elbows that were used?

Nashville

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey @Nashville you might know this one
I’m unclear about what the OP is trying with his MM. While VP discontinued use at least 10+ years back, they insert into the y-pipe not riser. As to P/N 3853864, it’s obsolete and not superseded. It’s available though.

Bubblehead132

Recruit
I’m unclear about what the OP is trying with his MM. While VP discontinued use at least 10+ years back, they insert into the y-pipe not riser. As to P/N 3853864, it’s obsolete and not superseded. It’s available though.
ty guys....i just didn't like the way the old type looked when i inspected.....doubt they would actually close off when needed. i also have four new risers that have the ellipitical end on them and was looking for hinged flappers that fit in it, vice the ones i have in the pipe.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Is there a replacement for exhaust flapper for pn 3853864? one that allows me to use the elongated riser elbows m.h. 64560? vice the round elbows that were used?
why are you looking for a ford exhaust flapper for a joint venture Volvo/OMC installation and calling it a mercruiser?

read the TSB on the flappers. you dont need them on a Volvo installation