Mercruiser 5.0 dies while idling - no fuel from line

Kman530

Seaman Apprentice
Let the engine heat soak for 1/2 hour and now it will start, run for about 30 seconds and die. Won’t restart at all now. Tried again in 15 minutes and it will repeat the same.

alldodge

Staff member
Do you think the needle/seat might have some junk in it?
Possibility but also could be the float needs adjusted

Let the engine heat soak for 1/2 hour and now it will start, run for about 30 seconds and die. Won’t restart at all now. Tried again in 15 minutes and it will repeat the same.
Is it dripping?

Kman530

Seaman Apprentice
While running it is dripping. Shutdown I don’t see any dripping. Guess I’ll pull the fuel bowl and see what’s going on.

Kman530

Seaman Apprentice
Called the company who rebuilt the carb and told them the issue. They said it just fell out of warranty a month ago but go ahead and send it back and they would disassemble it and flow check it free of charge. Great company, Fly Fishing Carburetor. Going to hang my hat on this one and rent a boat for when the in-laws come into town for Labor Day. Thanks for all the help and I’ll post back on here once I get the carb back and we will see if that fixes my issues.

nola mike

Vice Admiral
You might just pull the carb and see if the needle is seating. If not see if you can clean it out quickly to save your weekend instead of doing a complete rebuild