Mercruiser 3.0 Exhaust ?

markhodges78

Chief Petty Officer
I have a mercruiser 3.0 and it has two ports coming from the exhaust (one on both sides ) coming from the transom assembly one of the ports is causing interference with the side scan of my depth finder so my ? is can I block 1 side and send all the exhaust out the prop and the other side

Thanks in advance
Mark

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Perhaps a picture would help make things more clear. I’m really not sure what you have there.

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Those are idle relief ports that the exhaust comes out of when the boat isn’t moving. I suspect with a 3.0 you could block one side off as only 3.0 the water and exhaust only seems to come out one side when on the muffs , which is the side you circle. Put some duct tape over it and take it out see how it goes then figure out how to more permanently plug it

Simoniz

Petty Officer 1st Class
Those are idle relief ports that the exhaust comes out of when the boat isn’t moving. I suspect with a 3.0 you could block one side off as only 3.0 the water and exhaust only seems to come out one side when on the muffs , which is the side you circle. Put some duct tape over it and take it out see how it goes then figure out how to more permanently plug it
You might also want to put a new clip or cable tie on the gear shift bellows, where the old one has rusted away.